Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation
Work and Play in Medora!
The Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation (TRMF) hires more than 300 employees each year to fill a variety of seasonal job positions. On average, each year people from all over the United States as well as 20+ foreign countries are represented by our seasonal employees. Our staff consists of high school and college students, working adults, and retired adults from across the United States, as well as a diverse mix of international employees from across the globe!
Working in Medora is a very rewarding and memorable experience. Your experience will help you find out who you are and you will learn that you can do things you never thought you would. While you are here you will gain personal growth and maturity and you will enhance your future by developing your skills and confidence as an employee, a leader, and a team player. You will also make life-long friends.
There are a variety of job positions available to you including housekeeping, customer service representative, riding stables wrangler, golf course, retail, maintenance, camp ground, cooks and servers, theatre techs and more.
Additional information can be found here.
Jobs in the Spotlight
Our Ideal Candidate
Our expectation of you as an employee is that you do your very best to make our guests' stay exceptional. The key is to provide them with the same kind of service you would expect after saving your hard-earned money for a well-deserved vacation. Our success depends on teamwork! We insist on a high level of job performance and respectable conduct, both on and off the job, from all of our employees.
TRMF is guided by a purpose that is spelled out in our mission statement. It establishes the expectations for each employee and will guide you in your employment activities.
We connect people to Medora for positive, life-changing experiences.
- PRESERVE the experience of the badlands, the historic character of Medora and the values and heritage of Theodore Roosevelt and Harold Schafer;
- PRESENT opportunities for our guests to be educated and inspired through interpretive programs, museums and attractions that focus on the Old West, our patriotic heritage, and the life of Theodore Roosevelt in the badlands;
- SERVE the traveling public, providing for their comfort while visiting historic Medora, the badlands and Theodore Roosevelt National Park.
- We show respect for people and place.
- We deliver excellence in hospitality.
- We work with creativity and integrity.
- We are a family who values family.
Medora is host to over 250,000 visitors from around the world annually. Many guests come back year after year, but for some, it is their first encounter with the Old West. Either way, we want them to have a great vacation experience with authentic western hospitality.
Room and Board
Employee housing consists of motel rooms, cabins and double occupancy dormitory rooms. Other housing and a limited number of RV sites with water, sewer and electrical hook-ups are also available, however the majority of summer employees are housed in dormitories. Rent is $28/week for employee housing.
Each dormitory has centrally located restrooms and shower facilities. Blankets, pillows, towels, wash cloths, and other linens are provided by TRMF, however employees are welcome to bring their own linens. It is the employees' responsibility to change their own bed linens and keep their room clean and orderly. Washers and dryers are available at each employee housing location for no charge.
Meals are provided optionally at a cost of $5.00/meal. Deductions for meal charges are taken directly from the employee's paycheck. Employees will only be charged for meals actually purchased with their employee meal card.
Additional information can be found here.
- Scholarship Opportunities toward undergraduate degrees
- Employee discount of 25% in TRMF gift shops
- $10.00 golf at Bully Pulpit Golf Course
- Discount of 25% on any food item not included in the employee meal plan
- Discount of 25% on bicycle rentals Monday through Friday
- Free mini golf when space is available
- Free swimming at the Medora City Pool
- Free Medora Musical admittance (except Saturdays mid-July through Labor Day)
- Free trail rides at the Medora Riding Stables when space is available
- Free admittance to A TR Salute to Medora, the 4-M Review, TRMF museums and local museums
- A free Pitchfork Fondue dinner for employees hired prior to June 15th
Getting Here and Getting Around
Medora is conveniently located 1 mile off of Interstate 94 in North Dakota. The nearest airports are in Dickinson (37 miles to the east) and Bismarck (130 miles to the east). All of our operations are within walking or biking distance of the living accommodations. We also provide shuttle service for shopping in Dickinson once a week.
Medora is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise. Hike, horseback ride or mountain bike the Maah Daah Hey Trail. Kayak or canoe the Little Missouri River. Photography opportunities abound as you explore Theodore Roosevelt National Park and see eagles and buffalo. Geologists will enjoy the opportunity to find fossils millions of years old.
Other area attractions can be found here.
How to Apply
Complete applications are required to be considered for employment.