Summer Jobs in the Outer Banks!
Sanderling Resort, a Forbes Travel Guide Four Star and AAA Four Diamond property, emerges from a multi-million dollar refresh, beckoning families and couples back to its picturesque shores on the Outer Banks of Duck, North Carolina.
Featuring 95 guest rooms and suites and five rental homes set on 13 acres and almost completely encircled by the Atlantic Ocean and the serene Currituck Sound, multi-generational travelers will discover two pools with inviting fire pits for gatherings, a tranquil spa offering indigenous healing treatments and miles of uninterrupted beauty, including a nearby Audubon Sanctuary at the Outer Banks only true resort. A refreshed arrival experience greets guests with an open and welcoming lobby area including the Beach House Lobby Bar. The resort is also home to Kimball’s Kitchen, a lively steak, seafood and raw bar concept boasting dramatic views of the sound. The Lifesaving Station and No. 5 Bar, housed in a national historic building and offering inside and outside dining focuses on locally sourced coastal Carolina cuisine appealing to all generations. The Sandbar will welcome guests for beach and poolside libations in a casual outdoor deck setting. With more than 12,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor event space, brides and meeting planners will find a venue to suit every taste; each with a touch of southern hospitality and relaxed, yet luxurious amenities. To complement these amenities, we rely on the strong customer service skills and work ethic of our dynamic team of associates.
- Ensures that guests have a memorable experience by delivering quality service and product to exceed guest expectations. Responsible for positive guest interactions while accurately mixing and serving beverages to guests and service staff in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Children's Activities Coordinator
- Position responsibilities include planning, organizing, and conducting children’s indoor and outdoor activities, including arts and crafts and “Kids in the Kitchen.” Working days and hours are Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm from mid-May to mid-Aug.
- Cosmetologist/Hair Stylist
- Responsible for performing hair styling services, nail services, and skin care services for guests in a professional, courteous and efficient manner while ensuring customer satisfaction. Must have North Carolina cosmetologist license.
- Ensures that restaurant guests have a memorable experience by delivering quality service to exceed guest expectations. Greets guests approaching or arriving in the Restaurant to determine their needs, escorts them to tables or a waiting area, seats guests and presents menus.
- Line Cook
- Ensures that guests have a memorable experience by delivering quality service and product to exceed guest expectations. Produces culinary offerings in any part of the resort kitchen for dining outlets, special events, delivery, takeout or other dining venues.
- Massage Therapist
- Responsible for performing massage treatments for guests in a professional, courteous and efficient manner while ensuring customer satisfaction. Must have North Carolina massage license and be able to work flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Nail Technician
- Responsible for performing nail services for guests in a professional, courteous and efficient manner while ensuring customer satisfaction. Must have North Carolina manicurist license and be able to work flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Restaurant Manager
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the restaurant and all affiliated services. Two years’ experience in same/similar role in resort/hotel industry, preferably four diamond; hospitality school degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ensures that dining outlet guests have a memorable experience by delivering quality service and product to exceed guest expectations. Accurately take orders for food/beverage; enter orders into POS accurately; retrieve guest orders from kitchen and deliver to guest’s table.
- Sous Chef
- Three years’ experience in same/similar role in fine dining restaurant in resort/hotel industry, preferably four diamond; culinary school degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience; one year supervisory or leadership responsibilities required.
- Spa Coordinator
- Ensures that spa guests have a memorable experience by delivering quality service to exceed guest expectations. Responsible for booking spa reservations; greeting guests; receiving payment; sale of retail spa and gift shop products; respond to guest issues.
Room and Board
Affordable seasonal housing is readily available throughout the Outer Banks area. Contact one of the local real estate agents for assistance. There is a website, www.obsentinel.com, which is one of the local newspapers online that has the real estate classifieds which may be able to assist you in finding seasonal housing. Public transportation is not available in the area therefore an automobile is recommended.
Wages will vary with each position. Time and one-half is paid for all overtime worked (over 40 hours in the workweek). Be sure to ask about the rate of pay for the position you are applying. Minimum wage is $7.25 per hour in North Carolina. Uniform shirts are provided and we pay $25 toward the purchase of slip-resistant shoes if required by your position. We offer subsidized fresh meals from the kitchen for $2.00 per meal.
Getting Here and Getting Around
You can arrive via air or bus. The closest airport is the Norfolk Virginia International Airport and the closest Greyhound bus station is in Elizabeth City, NC.
From Norfolk/Va. Beach and points north:
Take I-64 to US 168 at Exit 291B [Oak Grove Connector/Great Bridge Bypass and Chesapeake Expressway (toll)].
Follow US 168 and US 158 south toward Nags Head, crossing the Currituck Sound over the Wright Memorial Bridge.
Once over the bridge, The Sanderling is 16 miles north via NC Route 12. When you see the Sanderling sign on the left side of the road you have about one mile to go. You will see Sanderling Resort on the right.
From Raleigh and points west:
The Outer Banks is reached via US 64 east to US 17 north in Williamston.
In Elizabeth City, take US 158 east and follow the directions above.
From points south:
Follow I-95 to the intersection with US 64 at Rocky Mount, North Carolina.
Take US 64 east and follow the directions above.
Sanderling Resort is a destination seasonal tourist resort area. Activities include: kayaking, boating, parasailing, windsurfing, biking, hiking, fishing, surfing, golf, movies, nightlife, great variety of restaurants, shops, and much, much more. There are miles and miles of beautiful and unspoiled beaches to enjoy.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants may apply for open positions through the links below.
Equal Opportunity Employer