The Resort at Paws Up
Montana's Premier Luxury Ranch
At the crossroads of incomparable luxury and unspoiled wilderness lies The Resort at Paws Up, a luxury ranch resort situated on a sprawling 37,000 acres thirty minutes east of Missoula. The resort offers its clientele a choice between safari-style luxury tents or secluded rustic homes settled throughout the property. Paws Up provides an unfiltered connection with the natural beauty of Montana amidst a landscape of impeccable elegance and comfort. Nearly two dozen guided activities are offered including river rafting, fly fishing, skeet shooting, horseback riding and rappelling.
If you have a natural desire to be hospitable, can start a friendly conversation with a total stranger, enjoy the outdoors, crave adventure, have a strong work ethic, possess an innate desire to make a difference and are personable and friendly, then Paws Up is a good fit for you!
The predominant post-vacation sentiment expressed by our guests is the excellent service they received from our staff. At Paws Up, we invest a lot in our employees with professional training, competitive pay and seasonal privileges. Our staff members gain the valuable experience that comes with helping travelers discover the resort, and the great state of Montana.
For a current listing of open seasonal and year round positions, visit: www.pawsup.com/careers
- Activities Guides
- Involved in daily operations of the Activities Dept and overall recreational experience of the resort guests. A wide assortment of indoor/outdoor tasks, emphasis on safety, professionalism and unparalleled guest experience. Passion for the outdoors and Western Montana, and a strong work ethic needed
- Work with guests prior to arrival to provide a transcendent guest experience. Plan activities, dinner reservations, transportation and special needs well in advance. Check in with guests each day to ensure that their experience is progressing in a positive direction for the duration of their stay.
- Culinary Staff
- Pastry Chefs, Line Cooks, Prep Cooks, Camp Cooks and Dishwashers are all vital roles in making Paws Up a success!
- Fly Fishing Guide
- Conduct successful fly fishing trips for guests of ranging abilities and ages in a variety of settings mainly from a raft. Instruction of guests in the art of fly fishing, river etiquette and wildlife are essential job components. Must be licensed in Montana.
- Glamping Butler
- Prepare meals at the camp for guests, prepare transportation for camp guests, manage their communication and activities needs, solve or direct any guest complaints/issues/requests. Build campfires, clean up after meals, maintain positive attitude and appearance.
- Clean all guest homes and luxury tents. Fulfill special guest requests as instructed by management or the guest directly. Stock homes with all necessary supplies while continuously keeping all work areas clean & organized. Turn in items found in lodging or public areas to Housekeeping Management.
- Kids Camp Counselor
- A seasonal position that is influential to the experience of guests traveling with children. Arts and Crafts, outdoor education and exercise focusing on inherent Western Montana themes. Passion for working with children, problem solving ability, adaptability and strong work ethic required.
- Landscaping Staff
- Assist lead landscaper with implementation of landscaping plans. Plant trees, shrubs, flowers and laying of sod as directed. Assist with irrigation equipment and operation of heavy equipment as needed.
- Maintenance Laborer
- Perform a variety of skilled work in the operation, maintenance, repair, remodeling and construction of buildings, grounds, machinery, mechanical facilities and equipment. Requires a general knowledge of several related skill fields such as plumbing, electrical, welding, and carpentry.
- Sharing stories with a captive audience to ensure even a quick trip makes a memory of a lifetime. A big personality, a clean driving record and good communicators apply here.
- White Water Guide
- Seeking rafting guides and experienced boaters to join us this summer on the Blackfoot and the Clark Fork through Alberton Gorge. Experience in the commercial rafting industry and existing knowledge of these runs is desirable, but not required.
- Guiding horse trail rides with Resort guests - mainly group head-to-tail rides, with the possibility of more advanced, higher paced rides. Requires intermediate to advanced riding skills as well as excellent safety and customer service skills.
Our Brand Statement is simple: Paws Up is a one-of-a-kind resort designed to deliver memories that will last a lifetime. Paws Up provides an authentic, unique, and exhilarating experience of the unspoiled American West - unpretentious, uncompromising, and incomparable. Become part of the team that brings this vision to life. The Resort at Paws Up® is always seeking qualified team members who have a passion for people and who wish to be part of an exceptional team while delivering a five-star guest experience.
Room and Board
We have limited subsidized housing available for our seasonal staff. Corporate housing for year round management positions are subject to subject to availability.
- Free shuttle service to and from Missoula. A scheduled shuttle will transport employees at different times of the day
- Carpool reimbursement program
- Complimentary lunch
- Employee housing. Availability is limited
- Discounts on activities, retail, spa and dining
- Seasonal privileges may vary depending on department, availability and shift patterns
Getting Here and Getting Around
We are located approximately 30 miles east of Missoula and its airport. Carpooling and employee shuttle service is available. We recommend private transportation to enjoy the rest of the area.
We offer all that is awesome to Montana... Hiking, horseback riding, whitewater rafting, fly fishing, snow shoeing and various other summer & winter seasonal activities.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit our website via the links below for a current listing of open positions and to submit an online application.