Seward Windsong Lodge
Join the Team at the Finest Glacier Valley Getaway
Alaska Native owned and operated, CIRI Alaska Tourism Corporation (CATC) is the umbrella company for Alaska Heritage Tours, Seward Windsong Lodge, Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge, Kenai Fjords Wilderness Lodge and Kenai Fjords Tours.
Our season runs May through September and we employ more than 400 seasonal employees each year. Candidates available for employment for an entire season are given first consideration. Supervisory and entry level jobs are available at all locations.
We specialize in providing the best Alaskan experience with our innovative tours and top-notch customer service and an emphasis on Alaska Native heritage. If you are interested in a fun and challenging job with a progressive company, scroll to the bottom of this page and submit your application today.
Nestled in a spectacular glacier river valley, the Seward Windsong Lodge is exceptional Seward Alaska lodging. Guest rooms for the Seward Windsong Lodge are spread out in a wooded setting, surrounded by spruce trees and wildflowers. We are minutes from downtown and have a free shuttle to all major Seward sights, so let us be your base camp for Seward and Kenai Fjords National Park!
Lodging/Housekeeping, Food and Beverage, and Front Desk
Room and Board
The Lodge provides on-site housing for its employees who are 18 years of age or older, on a first-come first-served basis, with preference given to employees from out of town. Housing is a privilege, not a right. It is important that all employees respect the privacy of others. Each employee's consideration will ensure the comfort and safety of all. Rules and policies are in place to help ensure a quality, peaceful living experience for everyone.
Housing is available for up to 104 employees, and consists of 43 cabins/rooms for two people, two trailers, and eight rooms with private bathrooms for managers/supervisors. The Lodge has a staff commons building that accommodates male and female bathrooms/showers, a laundry facility, kitchen area and sitting room with television. The employee housing area offers complimentary wireless internet so employees can use a personal laptop. The Lodge also provides bedding and towels. The kitchen area is equipped with fridges, stoves, and microwaves; however, employees provide their own cooking utensils.
Employee Housing Policies
Housing is a community experience and is part of your employment, rules and policies are to help ensure a quality, peaceful living experience for everyone.
- Employee housing is a "dry camp"; no alcohol allowed in this area
- Quiet time is from 10pm to 7am. Employees work variable shifts.
- The Lodge is a smoke free facility; no smoking inside any buildings or employee cabins.
Employee Housing Charges
- $6 charge per person, per day for the use of the cabin and employee commons area.
- $150 key and damage deposit will be automatically deducted from the first three pay checks in equal installments of $50. The deposit will be refunded when the employee vacates the cabin, returns the key, and the cabin passes a cleanliness and damage inspection.
- The Lodge has four RV sites for private RVs available at a charge of $4 per day/per person.
Employees are encouraged to experience all of CIRI Alaska Tourism’s (CATC) locations and products. For just under $20 per person, an employee can purchase a pass to ride on CATC’s tour boats, as well as take advantage of discounted hotel rates on a space available basis. Many other sightseeing activities throughout Alaska are offered at a discount to CATC employees.
In addition to competitive wages, CATC may pay a bonus of 5% to eligible first-year employees or 10% for eligible returning employees. Bonuses are based on the following criteria: 1) full completion of agreement dates, 2) returning employees must have completed at least one of the past two seasons.
Pay Days/Direct Deposit
Pay days are bi-weekly, every second Friday. Pay advances are not available, so please ensure availability of sufficient funds for food, etc. during the first three weeks of employment. The Lodge encourages employees to sign up for direct deposited payroll for additional security. This requires the employee provide a voided check on the account funds are to be deposited to.
Seward has two banks if employees with to open an account:
- Wells Fargo Bank 907-224-5283 P.O.Box 517, Seward. AK. 99664
- First National Bank 907-224-4200 303-4th Avenue, Seward AK. 99664
Both banks have ATM machines, as does Safeway (the local grocery store) which is open 24-hours a day for grocery and sundry item purchases.
Getting Here and Getting Around
Travel to Seward, Alaska
- Closest commercial Airport (Ted Stevens International) is in Anchorage, the flight from Seattle is approximately 3 hours in duration.
- Driving- takes approximately two and a half hours from Anchorage south, it is a very spectacular ride.
Transportation between Seward and Anchorage is available by train through the Alaska Railroad and by bus through Park Connection or Seward Bus Line. Employee discounts are available for the Alaska Railroad and Park Connection.
The Lodge is approximately two and a half miles from town located in a woodland area in a glacial river valley. Employees can ride the guest shuttle which runs every hour from 7am to 10pm, a round trip that drops off at the small boat harbor or downtown. There is local taxi service available 24 hours a day.
What to Bring
The summer climate can be absolutely gorgeous and sunny one day and cold and wet the next. It can be cold in early May and September so employees need an assortment of clothing. The average summer temperature is 65 degrees and some suggestions are:
- Jacket water and wind proof
- Hiking boots, water proof
- Sweaters and warm fleece
- Shorts, yes there is that possibility of warm temperatures
- Uniform pants and shoes
Seward is Alaska’s seaside town located on the southern tip of the Kenai Peninsula. The year-round population is approximately 3,000 residents. This small seaside town is home to a bustling fishing and tourism industry. Yet, there is not a stop light to be found. Seward is a casual and relaxed town that invites you to go anywhere and feel welcome in clean casual clothes or jeans. And in your free time, you’ll find there is a lot to do.
- Hiking local mountains
- Marine tours (Kenai Fjords Tours a sister company offer employee discounts)
- Dog mushing tours
- Kayaking, both lake and sea
- Hiking on the Harding Ice Field
- Fishing ocean, rivers and lakes
Indoor Activities - Seward
- Sea Life Center
- Movie Theater
- Shopping/Restaurants/Gift shops/Grocery stores
- Fitness Center
How to Apply
Jobs offered at The Seward Windsong Lodge usually start in early May and finish in the third week of September; preference will be given to candidates that can complete a full season. Please apply online at this website. All employees must pass a comprehensive background check.
Applicants who are interested in positions where it’s necessary to drive a company vehicle must have met the following added conditions:
- Have a current CDL and be prepared to take a medical exam.
- Provide a three year driving record from the state you reside in
- Pass a drug test
- Complete a defensive driver training course.
Thank you for your interest in applying for work at the Windsong Lodge in Seward.