- $45000.00 / year
- Start Date:
Now hiring Farm Manager with Camp Director and or Hospitality experience, to lead our exceptional team to fulfill Blackbird Farms overall mission and goals! The Farm Manager is an integral part of our organization and is primarily responsible for the planning, coordination and implementation of all work and activities at Blackbird Farm (BBF).
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to the following:*
- Manage farm day-to-day operations and departments.
- Manage farm operations department budgets.
- Provide sales and marketing support to generate new farm business.
- Organize, host, and plan various bed & breakfast retreats, hotel stays, and events.
- Handle all outside client inquiries for bed & breakfast, events, and outside programs.
- Transition farm through various student and bed & breakfast periods.
- Follow Pathways’ guidelines to train and supervise farm staff.
- Evaluate staff performance and serve as contact person for problem resolution or guidance.
- Conduct in-service training programs and supervises new staff development.
- Assist Program Manager in identifying and grooming new supervisor candidates.
- Perform other functions and duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to train, direct and delegate responsibility to staff.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, exercising reasonable judgment, in a fast-paced, multi-task environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to synergize with colleagues and corporate staff to manage and monitor the growth of the company.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and demonstrate problem-solving skills, while maintaining courtesy, professionalism, and a customer service attitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of contract negotiation and design for various events.
- Hospitality experience for bed & breakfast, events, and retreats.
- Interest in large scale construction project coordination and management.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and database management.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, specifically during any bed & breakfast times
- Supervisory or managerial skills.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Professional, mature and experienced working with a wide range of populations (experience with both youth and adult clients)
- Experience working in customer service or hospitality industry
- Minimum BA/BS degree
- Supervisory experience at an organized camp
- At least 1 year experience in a leadership role since turning 18 years old
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must be willing to complete a medical exam after hire
*The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all inclusive. They describe the general nature and level of work being performed and/or represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the job. The Company retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
How to apply
Please apply online via link