Join our Mountain Chalet Staff this Winter!
Nestled between Pinecrest Lake, Dodge Ridge ski resort, and the Lair of the Golden Bear family camp, the Pinecrest Chalet is a mountain resort offering 23 amenity-filled cottages and chalets. The Chalet features programming through the Summer Adventure Program and Winter Lair, and is a unique venue for weddings, family reunions, and corporate retreats.
The Cal Alumni Association, UC Berkeley's alumni association, acquired the year-round family resort as the perfect complementary sister property to its world-renowned Lair of the Golden Bear summer family camps just downstream. Surrounded by beautiful forest and Pinecrest Lake, Pinecrest Chalet is a picturesque place to work.
The Employee Experience
Come join our hardworking, adventurous, tight-knit Chalet community.
- We are seeking a Resort Guest Services Assistant responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operations of the Chalet in such a way that provides outstanding customer service to our guests, and for responding to urgent and emergency physical maintenance issues. This includes maintaining the reservation system, processing reservations, answering questions about the resort via email and telephone, greeting and check-in of guests, responding to and resolving guests’ questions and complaints in a friendly, courteous, and effective manner. Administrative duties include, but are not limited to, revenue management, financial reporting, coordinating with CAA staff, and contracting with outside vendors. Additional responsibilities include providing direction to the seasonal staff and joining the housekeeping, facilities, and seasonal crew when needed. The Assistant will provide oversight and direction to seasonal staff in absence of Chalet Manager. An ideal candidate for this position is someone who has excellent problem solving skills and is not easily shaken.
- We are seeking a skilled Facilities Technician for our team. Under the direction of the Manager, the Facilities Technician is responsible for the maintenance of the buildings, infrastructure, and equipment of the Pinecrest Chalet Resort. An ideal candidate is someone who is skilled in electrical knowledge and construction.
- We are seeking a Front Desk/ Guest Services Representative who is primarily responsible for reservations administration, basic office bookkeeping, generating reports, laundry, and housekeeping. They are also responsible for greeting and checking-in customers, taking reservations, and responding to and resolving customers’ questions and complaints in a friendly, courteous, and effective manner. An ideal candidate for this position would be someone with a knack for Sales and customer services as Wedding Sales are a also a large part of this job.
- We are seeking Resort Housekeepers to clean, maintain and inspect guest rooms and common areas. The team of Housekeepers are responsible for providing a clean, well maintained and secure environment for guests. An ideal candidate for this position is hardworking and self-sufficient, a neat freak with attention to detail.
Room and Board
Dorm-style lodging with common living area and kitchen to store food and prep your own meals. Lodging is rent free, but the value of provided on-site lodging is included as part of your taxable income.
Verizon cell service works reliably in Pinecrest. Free wifi is also provided, typical restrictions apply.
Possibility of free season pass to the nearby Dodge Ridge Ski Resort.
Photos Courtesy of Dodge Ridge.
Getting Here and Getting Around
For more information about the area please see Pinecrest's Ranger station Parks and Recreation website. http://www.fs.usda.gov/recmain/stanislaus/recreation
Kayaking, boating, and fishing in gorgeous Pinecrest Lake.
Pinecrest is a hiker's paradise and an ideal place to rock climb.
In the winter, downhill skiing, snowshoeing and cross country skiing are popular activities.
How to Apply
- Please email your resume to email@example.com.
- Please reference the job title in the subject line. Attachments should be in MS Word or PDF format.
Please note, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the USA to be employed at Pinecrest Chalet. Pinecrest is currently unable to sponsor international visa applicants.