Paradise Guest Ranch
Work in the Big Horn Mountains this Summer!
Paradise Ranch lies 16 miles west of Buffalo, Wyoming smack dab in the middle of The Scenic Bighorn Mountains of North Central Wyoming. Called “ The Jewel of the Bighorns” the historic guest ranch just celebrated its 100 year anniversary in 2007.
One of the finest dude ranches in the country, Paradise is nestled in a beautiful mountain valley surrounded by a million acres of The Bighorn Mountain National Forest. The ranch overlooks pristine French Creek and scenic Fan Rock. Horseback riding is the featured activity at Paradise but fly fishing, hiking and many other activities play an ever increasing part of the guest and crew recreation program. Paradise Ranch is a seasonal operation and as such is open for a four month season from late May through late September.
Must work through at least August 23rd.
- Assistant Packer
- Should have all of the wrangler attributes as well as packing experience. Camp cooking and fly fishing skills are a definite plus.
- Previous bartending experience helpful but not required. Must have strong people skills, be organized and of course be a team player.
- Fishing Guide
- Looking for an avid fly fisherman with guiding experience. Must be outgoing and have the ability to promote the ranch fishing program. Some retail experience helpful. Should have the ability to not only fish well but to also teach beginners and intermediates new skills. This is a great
- Responsible for the cleanliness of our cabins, recreation room, laundry room and French Creek Saloon. We need people that are detail oriented and hard working in this position. Help with wait staff and children's dinners two nights a week. Must be willing to fill in for other positions as needed.
- Kid's Program
- Must be patient, responsible, and able to watch over and plan activities for large groups of children.
- Naturalist/Hiking Guide
- We are looking for an avid hiker that has a passion for sharing natural history, wildlife, and flora and fauna knowledge with others. Should be a self-starter who can generate excitement in the ranch hiking program. Some trail and landscaping work will be required in between hikes.
- Should have all of the wrangler attributes as well as substantial packing experience. Camp cooking and fly fishing skills are a definite plus. Should have experience with teams as well as pack strings and be good with kids and teenagers.
- Prep Cook/Sous Chef
- Should have substantial line cooking experience.We feature hearty ranch cuisine with a gourmet flair. Pantry and prep experience a definite plus. Looking for a team oriented individual to fit in with our talented kitchen team and wait staff.
- Ranch Maintenance Person
- Some electrical, plumbing, mechanical, irrigation, carpentry and general fix-it knowledge required. Must be organized and capable of keeping good maintenance records.
- This position requires strong customer service orientation. Previous wait experience helpful but not required.
- Looking for hardworking, enthusiastic, responsible horsemen and horsewomen. Must have strong people skills and substantial horse experience. Should be versatile and open-minded enough to take part in other jobs related to the ranch as well as ranch activities.
At Paradise we are very team oriented and require that regardless of position our crew pitch in where needed to help all of us do a better job of taking care of our guests. We look for hard workers and although some of our positions do require experience, at Paradise we hire for Attitude, Attitude, & Attitude. We love to have employees with some musical or other entertainment talent as entertaining our guests is very high on our lists. Our goal at the ranch is for both our guests and crew to have the experience of a lifetime!
Room and Board
Employees will be living in dormitory living quarters that will be shared with crew of the same sex. Our rooms include twin beds, and shelving/closet space. Each of the dorm buildings includes bathrooms with showers. Also each dorm building has a laundry facility. We also have wireless internet for those who bring a laptop. As for the meals at Paradise, we eat with the guest and also get to eat the same awesome food they do! Most importantly, since we all live, work, and play together, we must respect each others space and things.
Generally, our crew is compensated with a monthly salary and room and board with salaries based on position. End of season bonuses are available for all summer positions for staying the length of agreed upon working dates. Crew rides, fishing trips and great hiking are all available. Many of our employees are runners and enjoy running an extensive trail system around the ranch during their time off.
Getting Here and Getting Around
You can either drive to the ranch or fly. If you fly into Casper, Gillette, or Sheridan, Wyoming someone from the ranch will be more than happy to pick you up. For those who drive, we do have crew parking in the back of the ranch. If you do not bring your own vehicle the ranch cannot provide you with one. Either way there is tons to do here at the ranch that keeps people busy.
It is important to us for the staff to enjoy their season here at Paradise. Your day off is a great time to enjoy the scenery and wildlife. We have tons of different established hiking trails. If you like to fish, we have the French Creek where you can catch cut throat, rainbows, and brook trout. Also, if the guys down at the barn aren’t too busy, you can enjoy rides.
How to Apply
You will find detailed job descriptions on our application form on our website. We will only review your application if you're available to work till the end of our family season, which is August 23, 2015. Our season does extend until the end of September.
We are also willing to discuss internships and volunteer opportunities, if you can stay for our entire season.