Ratna Ling Retreat Center
Benefitting Yourself and the World
Are you looking to be a part of something significant and meaningful to benefit yourself and others?
Are you seeking work in a community that supports your values and encourages personal growth?
Look no further! Ratna Ling Retreat Center is located in the redwood coastal hills of Sonoma County in Northern California and may be the perfect match for you. Live and thrive in a truly unique environment where personal inquiry, cooperation and spiritual exploration are supported and encouraged. Enjoy rewarding work and a healthy lifestyle in a country environment while participating in an integrated program of learning.
Ratna Ling (Tibetan for "Jewel Place") is a non-profit retreat center and intentional community grounded in the Tibetan Buddhist tradition. Supported by a spiritual community of like-minded people dedicated to service to humanity, this year-round residential work-study opportunity allows your skills and enthusiasm to flourish. Seeking those with a sincere interest and a strong work ethic.
You will receive:
- Free housing in cozy, modern cabins with a private bath, outdoor deck, gas fireplace. 2-3 people per cabin.
- Free laundry facilities, WI-FI and domestic phone calls.
- Free delicious vegetarian meals, tea and coffee.
- Monthly living allowance of $150 per month.
- Free morning and evening classes in a variety
of Buddhist studies, applicable to everyday life: Meditation, Skillful Means (how work can be a path to inner knowledge), Buddhist history and philosophy, and Kum Nye
(a style of Tibetan yogic practices).
- Opportunity to engage in an environment where meaningful work and self-development are valued.
- Clean, fresh air, wide open spaces, natural beauty, close proximity to hiking trails and the Pacific Ocean.
- The support of a caring, actively engaged community that encourages and builds meaningful interpersonal relationships.
We are seeking people who have a sincere interest in Buddhism and exploring work as a path to inner freedom. Our weekly schedule is rigorous (6 days a week) and rewarding! Visit www.ratnalingworkstudy.com for details, photos, application, and everything you need to know about living and working at
Ratna Ling Retreat Center.
Minimum commitment is 6 months. No religious affiliation required. Minimum age is 23 years old. Couples are welcome to apply.
Contact us! Phone: (707) 847-3777 ext: 115 E-Mail: email@example.com
Chef, Kitchen Staff, Gardener, Web Development, Book Binding, Maintenance
To learn more about living and volunteering at Ratna Ling please see our website.
Jobs in the Spotlight
Ratna Ling Retreat Center - In the beautiful coastal redwoods of northern California
Posted: Aug 01, 2015
Year-Round Entry Level - Work and Live in a Buddhist Community
Room and Board
Delicious vegetarian, mostly organic meals. We are known for our great food!
Housing is shared by twos, cozy cabins with private bathroom and outdoor deck.
- Healthy setting of nature, wide open spaces, sacred beauty, fresh air, clean water, nutritious food
- Wholesome lifestyle of meaningful work, inner development, taking responsibility
- Classes and discussion groups on practical integration of Buddhist principles in everyday life
- Job training in marketable skills
Please review our web site for descriptions of the many types of work-study positions we have available within our projects and organization.
Lunch on the patio
Book bindery work Volunteer gardener
Volunteer artist at work Shipping
How to Apply
Contact our Work-Study program office at 707-847-3777 ext. 115 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Length of commitment is 6 months to one year.