- Start Date:
LMR Property Description:
Lone Mountain Ranch (LMR), situated on 148 acres in beautiful Big Sky, Montana, was first homesteaded in 1915 and has long been recognized as one of the premier guest ranch resorts in the country. The property consists of 30 rooms located within 24 unique cabins as well as a restaurant and saloon, pavilion, retail shop, equestrian facilities, and meeting spaces. A National Geographic Unique Lodge of the World, LMR is listed on the National Registry of the Historic Places, a member of the Dude Rancher’s Association, an Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Lodge, and once voted the #1 Nordic Ski Resort in North America, LMR offers authentic accommodations, genuine Montana cuisine, exceptional service, and a stunning array of outdoor activities. Combine these attributes with close proximity to Yellowstone National Park, Big Sky Resort, as well as Bozeman Airport, and we believe the LMR guest experience is unlike any other in the American West.
Lone Mountain Ranch is a destination where guests disconnect from the world, while connecting with others through unforgettable adventures in a natural setting. Moments are crafted through discovery, exceptional people, fun activities, and a breathtaking environment.
Lone Mountain Ranch delivers unique and authentic experiences that are life-inspiring
Food & Beverage Manager Position Summary:
The F&B Manager is to manage; growth, profitability, safety, quality, training and operations of the Food & Beverage Outlets, as it pertains to the scheduling, and cost effective utilization of manpower and materials at Lone Mountain Ranch. The F&B Manager has the primary responsibility of develop, implement and maintain quality standards for outlets, including supervision and direction of service staff. Ensure excellent customer service, operating, staffing, managing and caring for the following areas: Dining Room, Veranda, Saloon, Horsefly Saloon, BBQ sites, Wait-station and Kitchen as it pertains to dining service.
- Minimum of 3 years of management experience in a restaurant environment.
- Must have superior people skills and the ability to clearly communicate via verbal, written, and phone communications.
- Must have analytical and observational skills which demonstrate an ability to anticipate the needs of guests.
- Must prioritize and balance multiple tasks in a busy work environment.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving ability.
- Above average computer skills (MS Office, Outlook) and proficiency with property PMS system.
- Provide leadership and supervision to staff ensuring a high quality of performance.
- Hire, manage, train, discipline wait staff and bartenders.
- Ensure all employees are provided clear and concise work instructions, and that all supervisors understand performance requirements.
- Continuously evaluate front of the house staff performance with recommendations to improve guest experience and further efficiencies.
- Ensure service standards are communicated to team and followed on a daily basis.
- Ensure all dining experiences are reflective of the goals outlined by Management.
- Promote customer relations and resolve beneficially to all party’s complaints or claims.
- Ensure that all information is recorded in OpenTable and software utilized to maximum potential.
- Manage the liquor, beer, wine, china, glassware and general dining room supplies inventories.
- Manage budget, coding and approving invoices in a timely manner, reviewing performance to budget on a monthly basis with Executive Chef and Director of Internal Operations adjusting budget as necessary not to exceed overall budget allocated.
- Submit all required reports and paperwork, including but not limited to time card and invoice approval, and ensure employees compliance with same in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage and analyze operational budget monthly ensuring invoices are coded correctly, proactively finding cost savings in budget and adjusting budget as necessary for variances so expenses come in at or below budgeted.
- Manage relationships with vendors, including setting expectations with vendors, processing vendor invoices promptly and ensuring the best value available (best price for the service or product supplied).
- Liaison with the General Manager and Executive Chef for the food and beverage operational activity to maintain the agreed upon direction to achieve the higher productivity, greater efficiency, and effective cost controls.
- Conduct weekly meetings with the General Manager providing updates, including schedule changes, complaints, risk management concerns and incidents.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with local community and all concierge services at the local resorts.
- Coordinate with Guest Services department to schedule dining reservations.
- Maintain necessary inventory of dining service items, including all flatware, plates, decorations and table linens.
- Ensure that the dining room, saloon and all equipment are cleaned thoroughly on a regular schedule.
- Execute conference, group and event setup in a timely and professional manner fulfilling food and drink requirements with all necessary accessories, displays, any required equipment and table/chair arrangements.
- Work in coordination with ranch team members to provide 100% coverage of internal and external phone and email communications during business hours.
- Ensure all OSHA and safety standards and requirements are met and maintained.
- Facilitate and encourage guest reviews on TripAdvisor.
- Provide a very high level of customer service to guests at every opportunity.
- Approach challenges with a proactive and solutions based approach.
- To encourage and support other employees, and to serve as a positive role model.
- Develop management backup for areas of responsibility in case of absence.
- Other duties as assigned
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of Lone Mountain Ranch.
- Receive positive guest feedback showing ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Receive positive crew feedback showing an ability to manage staff appropriately and work well with others.
- Proactive recommendations for additional revenue opportunities.
The job description works in concert with the Employee Handbook. The duties and tasks of this position include, but are not limited to the following.
This position reports directly to the General Manager and the Executive Chef.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of Lone Mountain Ranch.
- Receive positive guest feedback showing ability to provide exceptional service and experience.
- Receive positive crew feedback showing an ability to manage staff appropriately and work well with co-workers.
- Manage responsibilities within budget showing proactive recommendations for cost savings and efficiencies through periodic recaps with the GM.
How to apply