Lajitas Golf Resort & Spa
The Ultimate Big Bend Experience
Tucked away in Southwest Texas between the Big Bend National Park and Big Bend Ranch State lies the exquisite 27,000 acre Lajitas Golf Resort and Spa; our resort oasis in West Texas is set among mountain vistas and the borderland majesty of the Rio Grande River. The resort's unique destination is rich in Old West history; complimented by the rugged luxury and superior service of a first class hotel.
Lajitas Resort is a 103 room resort with 18-hole golf course, spa, restaurant, saloon, 3 swimming pools, and a guest activity menu that includes shooting sports, equestrian riding, jeep rentals, stargazer dinners, and guided jeep and ATV trips. We cater to a wide range of guests from celebrities to families and international clientele making it an exciting place to work!
These positions are seasonal and/or year-round; it's up to you! Note: If you're applying to be an RV Host, you will need your own RV.
Jobs in the Spotlight
Lajitas Golf Resort & Spa - The Resort Oasis in the Big Bend of the Rio Grande in West Texas
Posted: Nov 03, 2014
Year-Round Entry Level - Front Desk Clerks - Full Time
- Front Desk Clerks - FT & Seasonal
- Recruiting for Fall and beyond! Seeking candidates with hospitality & communication skills, are flexible team players with a passion for excellence. Greet and accommodate guests throughout their stay. Demonstrating friendliness, positive attitude, independent and conscientious thinking.
- Front Desk Clerks - Full Time
- Housekeepers - FT & Seasonal
- Entry level or experienced applicants encouraged to apply. There are 101 hotel units in a variety of rooms and suite styles. Attention to detail and thoroughness is important. Bi-lingual English/Spanish is a plus but not required.
- RV Park Attendant/Work Camper
- Must have own RV, experienced and novice are welcome. Maverick Ranch RV Park is open year round, serves a wide range of guests and is home to annual events. Campers host music and other activities at the club house. Peak season runs Labor Day through Memorial Day Weekend.
Our Ideal Candidate
Ideal candidate requirements vary by position but all positions have the following similar qualifications:
- Team Player
- Guest Service Oriented
- Reliable and Efficient
- Self Motivated and Self Starter
- Positive “Can-Do” Attitude Willing to Go Above and Beyond
- Independent and Capable of Working with Little or No Supervision
Full-Time/Permanent or Seasonal - we have positions that will fit a variety of schedules.
Room and Board
Low cost employee housing (private/unfurnished) is available on site depending on availability and your needs. Depending on unit size, rents range in price from $47 to $175.00. Rents and electricity fees are payroll deducted. Once a month you are billed for 50% of the cost of electricity for your individual unit’s metered electric use (the company pays the other half). There are no other utility charges. Land line telephone, internet and satellite TV services are available to you at your choice through local area service providers.
Please Note: Housing is for full-time employees. We do not offer dorm-style housing however employees can share a unit with a co-worker with both names on the lease agreement. These are stand-alone units and are not furnished so you will have to bring your own furniture and household items. A pre-paid deposit and fee will be required if any furnishing is provided.
We are Pet Friendly and there are fees and requirements so please contact us for details.
Lajitas Golf Resort & Spa offers an exceptional benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Low cost housing and reduced cost electricity and utilities.
- Full-time salary employees are eligible for group medical insurance at 91 days and paid time off after 181 days of full-time employment for salary employees.
- Full-time hourly employees are eligible for indemnity medical and supplemental insurance plans on hire and paid time off at 181 days of full-time employment.
- All employees are eligible for in discounts on rooms, services and retail products.
- Complimentary employee laundry and swimming facilities
- Complimentary employee cafeteria (available Mon-Fri 11:30-1:30)
Getting Here and Getting Around
We are located on Highway 170 where the road bends to meet the Rio Grande which is 17 miles southwest the junction of Highways 118/170 at Terlingua, Texas. The resort is tucked between the Big Bend National Park and the Big Bend Ranch State Park. While a vehicle is not required at the resort with housing close to the facilities, a vehicle is useful for major shopping or outing trips to Presidio, located 55 miles southwest from the resort, or Alpine, located 95 miles north of the resort. To put it in perspective, we are approx 200 miles to the closest Wal-Mart in Fort Stockton, and 95 miles to the closest McDonalds or stop light in Alpine! We are here because we love the remoteness. No traffic, no big-city lights, creates an environment of peace and quiet and unsurpassed stargazing!
There are numerous activities including hiking, biking, rafting, and swimming at the resort or with our outfitters. There are more restaurant and shopping opportunities as close as 12 miles away. A full day trip could take in the Big Bend National Park, Big Bend Ranch State Park, Fort Davis and its’ historical park and town; the McDonald Observatory; art, shopping, and the Sul Ross State University in Alpine; the Marfa Lights and the town of Marfa; and much more!
How to Apply
Print and complete our application. You can scan it, attach and email it, or you can fax or postal mail it.
Lajitas Golf Resort, HC 70 Box 400 Lajitas, TX 79852 Attn: HR Department
We accept applications for seasonal employment, however, most of our positions are year-round with benefits and we hope you will consider full-time employment in your work search. Our busy season runs Labor Day through Memorial Day but we are open year-round.
NOTE: We are unable to offer sponsorships to international students/workers. All international applicant inquiries must already have sponsors that meet current requirements. Upon employment all applicants must provide proof of authorization to work in the United States.