Kenai Fjords Tours
Make Seward Alaska and Kenai Fjords National Park part of your Alaska adventure
Alaska Native owned and operated, CIRI Alaska Tourism Corporation (CATC) is the umbrella company for Alaska Heritage Tours, Kenai Fjords Tours, Kenai Fjords Wilderness Lodge, Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge, and Seward Windsong Lodge.
Our season runs May through September and we employ more than 400 seasonal employees each year. Candidates available for employment for an entire season are given first consideration. Supervisory and entry level jobs are available at all locations.
We specialize in providing the best Alaskan experience with our innovative tours and top-notch customer service and an emphasis on Alaska Native heritage. If you are interested in a fun and challenging job with a progressive company, submit your application today.
Breathe in the ageless spirit of Kenai Fjords National Park. Cruise through land that is wild and wide, full of life, a world untouched, unblemished, sparkling. Kenai Fjords Tours pioneered the art of exploring Kenai Fjords National Park. Cruise with us on boats specifically designed with your comfort in mind. View spectacular scenery through large picture windows, get up close with walk around decks, and enjoy comfortable heated cabins.
Customer Service, Naturalist, Dock Staff, and Boat Operations
Seeking a Boat Captain - apply today!
Our Ideal Candidate
Room and Board
Kenai Fjords Tours (KFT)
On-site housing is provided for its employees who are 18 years of age or older, on a first-come first-served basis, with preference given to employees from out of town. Housing is a privilege, not a right. It is important that all employees respect the privacy of others. Each employee's consideration will ensure the comfort and safety of all. Rules and policies are in place to help ensure a quality, peaceful living experience for everyone.
Limited employee housing is available and generally reserved for new employees, based upon availability. Employee housing is a smoke/alcohol/drug-free environment and each unit has a kitchen, dining area, living room, and washer/dryer. KFT also provides bedding and towels. The kitchen area is equipped with fridges, stoves, microwaves and cooking utensils. Employees are required to sign a housing agreement if provided with company housing. Other housing options may be found in our local newspaper the “Seward Phoenix Log” or “The Seward City News.”
If offered housing, a key and damage deposit of $150 will be automatically deducted from the first three pay checks in equal installments of $50. The deposit will be refunded when the employee vacates the room, returns the key and bedding, and the room passes a cleanliness and damage inspection.
Housing is a community experience and is part of your employment, rules and policies are to help ensure a quality, peaceful living experience for everyone.
Staff housing is a "dry camp." Alcohol is not allowed.
Quiet time is from 10pm to 7am. Employees work variable shifts
Kenai Fjords Tours is a smoke free facility; no smoking inside any building. Pets are not allowed in company housing.
Employees are encouraged to experience all of CIRI Alaska Tourism’s (CATC) locations and products. For just under $9 per person, an employee can purchase a pass to ride on CATC’s tour boats, as well as take advantage of discounted hotel rates on a space available basis. Many other sightseeing activities throughout Alaska are offered at a discount to CATC employees.
In addition to competitive wages, we may pay a bonus of 5% to eligible first-year employees or 10% for eligible returning employees. Bonuses are based on the following criteria: 1) full completion of agreement dates, 2) returning employees must have completed at least one of the past two seasons.
Pay Days/Direct Deposit
Pay days are bi-weekly, every second Friday. Pay advances are not available, so please ensure availability of sufficient funds for food, etc. during the first three weeks of employment. KFT encourages employees to sign up for direct deposited payroll for additional security. This requires the employee provide a voided check on the account funds are to be deposited to.
Seward has two banks if employees wish to open an account:
- Wells Fargo Bank, 907-224-5283, P.O. Box 517, Seward, AK. 99664
- First National Bank, 907-224-4200, 303-4th Avenue, Seward, AK. 99664
Both banks have ATM machines, as does Safeway (the local grocery store) which is open 24-hours a day for grocery and sundry item purchases.
Getting Here and Getting Around
Travel to Seward
- Flights - Closest commercial Airport (Ted Stevens International) is in Anchorage, the flight from Seattle is approximately 3 hours in duration.
- Driving- It takes approximately two and a half hours to drive south from Anchorage to Seward along the Seward Highway, designated a Scenic Byway. This is a very spectacular drive.
- Limited, no cost, space available transportation from Anchorage to Seward with Kenai Fjords may be possible for employees traveling between March 29 and May 16. Bookings are required and should be made 48 hours in advance. Pickups are in the early morning and only available at select hotels or locations. Please call 800-270-1238 for additional details.
- Train - Rail travel is available and employees can receive a 50% discount (May 11 thru Sept 15) if space is available. To receive the discount, a faxed request on company letter head, signed by a Manager must be sent to the Alaska Railroad.
- Shuttle Bus - Travel is available to Seward year round via Seward Bus Line 907-224-3608. They will provide a drop off at Seward Windsong Lodge on request and pick up from the airport for $45 plus tax.
- Coach Service - The Park Connection (May 17 thru Sept 17) offers two departures a day from the lodge. Employees can receive a 50% discount. ($28 plus tax)
Kenai Fjords Tours is located in the small boat harbor and easily accessible by car, bike, foot. There are local taxi services available 24 hours a day.
What to Bring
A good alarm clock (battery operated) if you have an early shift! The summer climate can be absolutely gorgeous and sunny one day and cold and wet the next. It can be cold in early May and September so employees need an assortment of clothing. The average summer temperature is 65 degrees and some suggestions are:
- Jacket water and wind proof
- Hiking boots, water proof
- Sweaters and warm fleece
- Shorts, yes there is that possibility of warm temperatures
- Uniform pants and shoes
Seward is Alaska's seaside town located on the southern tip of Kenai Peninsula. The year-round population is approximately 3,000 residents. This small seaside town is home to a bustling fishing and tourism industry. Yet, there is not a stop light to be found. Seward is a casual and relaxed town that invites you to go anywhere and feel welcome in clean casual clothes or jeans. And in your free time, you’ll find there is a lot to do.
- Hiking local mountains
- Marine tours
- Dog mushing tours
- Kayaking, both lake and sea
- Hiking on the Harding Ice Field
- Fishing ocean, rivers and lakes
- Sea Life Center
- Movie Theater
- Shopping/Restaurants/Gift shops/Grocery stores
- Fitness Center
How to Apply
Jobs offered at Kenai Fjords Tours usually start in early May and finish in the third week of September; preference will be given to candidates that can complete a full season. Please apply online at this website. All employees must pass a comprehensive back ground check and a pre-employment drug test.
Thank you for your interest in applying for work at Kenai Fjords Tours.