Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
Come enjoy working and skiing at a world-class ski resort this winter!
The activities and atmosphere offer the perfect environment for an incredible winter at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. We invite you to join our team!
The upcoming 2015-2016 winter season marks the 50th Anniversary of this legendary resort and we are looking for enthusiastic and personable employees to join us in one of the best places on Earth. Working at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort proves to be fun and exciting! With over 2,500 acres of in-bounds terrain, a vertical drop of 4,139 feet, and an average of 459" of snow in the winter, our employees have a lot to take advantage of every day.
Our Winter season runs from November 26, 2015 - April 3, 2016.
Talented people with a second-to-none service attitude have built an international reputation for Jackson Hole Mountain Resort as a friendly, relaxed and intimate vacation destination unlike anywhere else in the world.
This warmth extends to the way we treat our employees by providing a great working environment, rewards for a job well done and an atmosphere that encourages communication and trust at all levels.
Millions of visitors come to Jackson Hole; our intention is to make a difference in their vacation experience one day or one moment at a time.
- Food & Beverage
- Ticket Services
- MSS Sales
- MSS Kids Ranch
- Lift Operations
- Assistant Manager
- Casper Restaurant. Assists in managing a main F&B facility or department. Responsible for all aspects of running the restaurant or department, such as budgeting, staffing and motivating employees. Assist the F&B Operations Manager in all aspects. Manage and train staff. Monitor labor & food costs.
- To ensure that the daily revenue is correctly accounted for in a timely and thorough manner throughout the JHMR profits centers. Collect audit reports/packets from the main drop. Audit RTP generated reports against backup to ensure accuracy. Audit account charges and ensure validity of account.
- Provide excellent customer service; Prepare all hot drinks including espresso drinks, hot chocolate and coffes and all food items on the menu including milkshakes and smoothies; Sell food, beverages and snacks and provide information; Maintain cleanliness of store and (re)stock inventory
- Provide excellent customer service by meeting and exceeding guests’ needs. Make drinks for customers Maintain cleanliness of bar and restaurant. Assist other members of restaurant team. Complete all side work tasks including stocking and cleaning. Work as a team to make restaurant run smoothly.
- Boot Fitter
- Business Administrator
- -Performs opening and closing duties as assigned by supervisor -Clears and wipes down dirty tables -Empty heavy trashcans and sort recyclables -Stocks a variety of products and supplies before, during and after shift -Cleans food service facility -Wash dishes in absence of dishwasher
- Cafe 6311 Worker
- To prepare and serve high quality food in sanitary environment. Sells food, beverages, snacks and provides information as needed. Maintains cleanliness of area, especially beverage area. Stocks beverages, baked goods, bottled beverages, condiments, and paper goods. Keeps customer areas clean.
- Caretaker Housekeeping Manager
- Manages and oversees all aspects of the housekeeping department in the field. Ensures high quality service. Purchase housekeeping supplies and equipment. Monitors/safeguards supplies and equipment against theft. Issues and collects keys for units. Manages schedule changes and special instructions.
- Sells food, beverages, snacks, and provides information as needed. Keeps customer area cleaned and stocked. Keeps customer area within reasonable proximity clean and organized. Able to explain all items for sale. Operate cash register/computer to record all transactions. Good guest service skills.
- Childcare Attendant
- Provide superior childcare by creating a safe, positive, nurturing environment for young children to learn and prosper; Responsible for the immediate & safe care of all children both indoors & outdoors; Greet parents & children, assist with registration, check-in/out procedures, questions & concerns
- Cook 2
- -Helps with menu, researching food, ingredients, trends and composing ideas -Has firm grasp of cooking techniques from fine dining to more casual, can execute dishes as so -Helps with and understands kitchen organization, sanitation and supervise proper food storage & handling -Inventory management
- Cook 3
- -Execute all dishes/recipes consistently to the best of your ability as instructed by direct supervisor -Able to handle moderate to heavy workloads and stressful situations with professionalism and sense of urgency -Responsible for station mise en place and prep
- Cook 4/Prep
- -Has the ability to follow recipes and prep lists -Has some knowledge of sanitation, food handling, food danger zone temperatures, and proper food storage techniques -Is able to follow and execute simple instructions given by supervisor -Responsible for their mise en place & can safely execute prep
- Corbet's Worker
- Provides great customer service while retailing limited food and beverage and retail products in our exclusive mountain-top snack bar, Corbet’s Cabin. This worker is a versatile, well-rounded customer service-oriented personality.
- Couloir Manager
- Manage FOH of fine dining operation, training, sales, reports; including bar & wine service training, enhancing the guest total experience, overall dining room development, wine list, beverage inventory, cost & labor control, sanitation, customer service, disciplinary actions & scheduling staff
- Execute proper washing and sanitation of all dishes, china, glass and silver. Keep all kitchen equipment,small wares, pots, sauté pans, etc. clean, sanitized and ready for use throughout the day. Use proper handling & hand washing techniques for all products. Provide excellent service to guests.
- Gate Attendant
- To assist guests through the RFID gates in a safe and efficient manner, to help minimize lines in the mazes, and to inspect pass media picture for proper guest usage. Responsible for checking all season passes and all lift tickets, and confiscate fraudulently used passes.
- Maintains the cleanliness of JHMR’s buildings and grounds. Removes snow and ice from assigned areas with special consideration given to areas where the public frequents. Removes garbage and recycling and properly disposes of. Moving ski racks around to appropriate locations.
- Greet and seat customers Maintain organization of restaurant by assigning tables to appropriate server Take reservations Make sure menus are ready and presentable Maintain cleanliness Assist other members of restaurant team Provide excellent customer service by meeting and exceeding guests' needs
- Housekeeping Inspector
- Inspects houses and condominiums thoroughly according to the checklist and company standards; Ability to drive a company vehicle; Stocks condos and homes with supplies as specified according to established company policies; Reports any housekeeping and maintenance items as needed; Secures units
- Human Resources & Safety Assistant
- Provides administrative support for the Human Resources and Safety Department during the winter season. Answers phones, greets applicants and answers questions. Verifies that employees have completed the required paperwork and enters employee information into the HR System. Files employee paperwork.
- Instructor (Ski/Snowboard)
- Provides an outstanding mountain experience for every guest through technical coaching, terrain guidance and guest service. Reports to line up on time and teaches class lessons, private lessons, or other MSS lesson products by customer request or as assigned by the meeting place manager/supervisors.
- JHS Jr. Staff
- Provide exceptional customer service. Develop successful sales techniques. Work with lead to maintain store presentation standards. Conscientious inventory control. Merchandise new product, restock current merchandise. Maintain cleanliness of store. Provide basic ski/snowboarding rental services.
- Lift Operator
- Provides the safe and efficient loading, transporting and unloading of guests and employees in accordance with the specific operating instructions of the assigned lift and ANSI B77 regulations. Operates assigned equipment in a safe, competent and knowledgeable manner.
- Maze/Speed Wrangler
- Provide maze coordination, organization and guest service to our base area guests. Provide a consistent presence and monitoring of slow zones, congested and high traffic areas.
- MSS Sales- Reservationist
- Provide efficient sales and reservations of Private lessons, Guide Service, Class Lessons and Rental Packages, Childcare, Wild West Camps, Lift tickets & other Mountain Sports School Products. Provide the highest level of service for our customers. Assure proper cash handling and charge procedures.
- Parking Attendant
- Insures the orderly parking of incoming vehicles while maintaining positive guest relations and collection of all daily parking fees required. Daily trash pickup from parking lots and along village lot boundaries. Keeps all signs and marker poles straight and visible.
- Pioneer Instructor
- Provide a positive introduction to skiing/snowboarding through inside and outside activities to preschool aged children. Responsible for supervising children in any Kids Ranch program during non-ski activities as necessary, in compliance with county health regulations, fire codes and OSHA laws
- Rental Technician
- To work with Rental guests to provide an exceptional & efficient rental experience. Properly utilize the RTP rental system to ensure all equipment is correctly checked out and checked in when returned. Assist guests through the rental process, focusing on guest experience and efficiency.
- Reservation Agent
- Provide highest quality customer service, making reservations and checking guests into properties. Handles all reservation requests in a courteous, efficient and knowledgeable manner. Serves as an information source for anyone who inquires about JHRL properties and converts inquiries to reservations
- Retail Sales
- To provide exceptional service to all Jackson Hole Mountain Resort customers. Provide exceptional customer service. Develop successful sales techniques. Work with supervisor to maintain store presentation standards. Conscientious inventory control.
- Retail Sales Specialist
- Provide exceptional customer service. Work in ski demo program to increase ski sales. Provide bootfitting services. Handle customer special orders. Develop successful sales techniques. Work with supervisor to maintain store presentation standards. Conscientious inventory control. Merchandise product
- Provide quality and reliable service and information to all guests. Serve food and beverages in a polite and professional manner; Stock & set dining room & bar; Prep salads & garnishes; Greet guests in a warm and sincere manner; Take orders quickly & accurately; Serve food to guests.
- Shuttle Driver (CDL preferred)
- Responsible for the safe and timely operation of the parking lot shuttle; Excellent guest service; Must have or be willing to get a CDL; Maintains proper records and daily checks of company shuttle bus; Maintains cleanliness and of Shuttle vehicles; Operates vehicles in a safe and courteous manner
- Ticket & Pass Agent
- To provide the highest level of service for JHMR customers Provides product and information regarding o Season Passes o Tickets o Mountain Sports School o JHRL and retail outlets o Activities on the mountain o General information regarding the Jackson Hole area.
- Ticketing Coordinator
- To ensure accurate and efficient sales of all Ticketing products, including: daily and multi-day, season passes, wholesale, lodge, merchant and have a specific understanding RFID & Special Ticket Sales. To provide the highest level of guest service. To ensure professional and profitable operations.
- Vehicle Mechanic
- Perform maintenance and modifications on vehicles, snowcats, heavy equipment, ATVs & snowmobiles. Perform repair work. Perform limited welding and acetylene cutting. Performs limited welding and acetylene cutting. Maintain required maintenance records (hours, materials, prices). Order & stock parts.
Room and Board
Jackson Hole Mountain Resort has limited employee housing in the town of Jackson, close to a grocery store, shopping, movie theatre, and bus stop. The units are offered on a first come first serve basis. The units are available to JHMR employees who work in a full time position (at least 30+ hrs 4 days/week).
Although there are a few different areas in the valley where you can live (Jackson, Kelly, Wilson, Teton Village, Alpine, and Victor, ID) finding housing can be a tough process as it is in very high demand. However, this process is always worth the work! When you arrive you should expect to have enough money for first and last month's rent as well as a security deposit. Listed are your best bets to find housing in the Jackson Hole Area:
Radio Classifieds: http://classifieds.jacksonhole.media/
News & Guide Classifieds: http://www.jhnewsandguide.com/classifieds/
Craigslist (not as widely used, but worth a shot): http://wyoming.craigslist.org/
Local hotels offer weekly or monthly rentals throughout the winter season. Please contact hotels directly.
Your benefits are an important part of your total compensation at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. Employees are offered free or discounted use of all activities at the Resort, including a full winter ski pass!
JHMR Employee Benefits*.
- Free All Mountain Pass
- Discounts on lift access at local ski areas
- 50% Discount at all other Mountain Collective Resorts
- Free START Bus Pass and 50% Reimbursement for Commuter START Bus Discount Book passes for Teton Valley or Star Valley routes
- Employee Discounts at JHMR Retail, Rental, and Food & Beverage Locations
- Discounts for Your Immediate Family with Jackson Hole Resort Lodging Accommodations
- 3 Free All Day Ski or Snowboard Lessons through the Mountain Sports School
- Discounts on Mountain Sports School Lessons & Camps
- Discounts at the Kids Ranch and Daycare
- Discounts with Jackson Hole Paragliding
- Discounts at the Teton Sports Club and other local fitness centers
- Discounts with Verizon Wireless
- Access to ‘pro-deals' through Promotive
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
... and more!
*Employee Benefits are subject to limitations and may change at any time, with or without notice, at the discretion of JHMR Management
Getting Here and Getting Around
There are multiple ways to get to Jackson Hole. There is an airport located in Jackson with cabs and shuttles that can take you to where you need to go upon arrival. There is also a shuttle that runs from Salt Lake City, UT to Jackson Hole.
If you do not have a car once you arrive in Jackson there is a bus (START Bus) that runs between the town of Jackson and Teton Village. This bus service also provides commuter transportation from Star Valley, WY and Teton Valley, Idaho, as well as a free Town Shuttle. With your employee pass you can ride the Teton Village shuttle for free, and we will reimburse you for 50% of the cost for the commuter bus.
Along with the world class downhill skiing and snowboarding at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, there are myriad other activities to participate in while in Jackson Hole.
- Jackson Hole Mountain Resort sponsors employee parties throughout the season allowing employees to get to know each other.
- On the northern border of Jackson Hole Mountain Resort lies Grand Teton National Park, which provides a scenic backdrop for cross country ski and snowshoe tours.
- Yellowstone National Park is located approximately 50 miles away, and there are local companies that offer snowmobile tours of the park.
- Located right in town is the beautiful Elk Refuge which offers daily sleigh rides allowing you to enjoy the scenery and wildlife.
- The local ski mountain Snow King offers night skiing and tubing.
How to Apply
Please complete our online application or stop by the Human Resource office to speak with us about opportunities!
If you cannot make it to our office, call us at 307-739-2728 or e-mail us at email@example.com for our current openings listing.
Human Resources at (307) 739-2728
Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
PO Box 290
Teton Village, WY 83025