DNC - Shenandoah National Park
Shenandoah in all its glory - Join Us for Summer 2016!
Just over an hour’s drive from Washington, DC, beautiful Shenandoah National Park overlooks the lush Shenandoah Valley and the Blue Ridge Mountains. Do you love hiking, backpacking, camping, wildflowers and wildlife? Then you belong at Shenandoah National Park.
The sky’s the limit.
Spring, Summer and Fall…
you belong at Shenandoah National Park!
Our Peak Season is October. That is when the fall foliage is at it’s most beautiful display of colors throughout the Park.
Along the 105 mile Skyline Drive, which runs through the park from Front Royal, VA to Waynesboro, VA, there are lodges, dining facilities, craft and gift shops, camp stores, gas stations and stables, along with 75 overlooks. We are seeking friendly, hospitable people who can create special experiences for our guests and visitors.
If you are looking for a great summer job, where you will make friends with people from all over the world, while making and saving money, then you belong at Shenandoah National Park.
- Shenandoah National Park encompasses part of the Blue Ridge Mountains in the state of Virginia.
- We are your escape to recreation. Cascading waterfalls, spectacular vistas, quiet wooded hollows—it’s a great place to hike, camp, bike, fish, take photographs or go canoeing. It’s 200,000 acres of protected lands.
- It’s home to many wildlife including over 50 different types of mammal's, 32 fish species, 200 bird species, 26 reptile species, and 24 types of amphibians.
- Our highest peak is 4,010 feet at Stoney Man Mountain
- We have over 1,400 types of plants throughout the park
- Breathtaking views in every direction.
- Skyline Drive noted as one of the top 10 most beautiful drives in the world.
We have 4 beautiful seasons in the Park. Skyline drive is open, weather permitting, year around.
We normally open Skyland Lodge in March—followed by the other properties—through the first of May.
We typically remain open for most properties through the first of November. Our Skyland Lodge and Wayside with the gas station—stay open through the first of December.
JOBS AVAILABLE FOR SUMMER 2016
- Lead Servers
- FB Cashier
- Housekeeping Inspectors
- Night Audit
- Kitchen Supervisor
- Retail Supervisor
- Asst FB Mgr
- Dining Room Supervisor
- Kitchen Supervisor
- Retail Cashier
- Front Desk Clerk
- Dorm Supervisor
- Linen Driver
- Housekeeping Inspector
- Horse Wranglers
- Lead Cashier
- FB Cashier
- FB Cashier
Posted: Jun 27, 2016
Help Wanted - Seasonal Staff
Room and Board
Affordable dormitory style with shared bath. Includes free bed and bath linens and free laundry. Limited amount of housing is available, so apply early. Children and pets are not permitted in employee housing.
We have a special employee meal program that is very reasonably priced.
- Associates that live more than 45 miles from the Park can stay in our Dorms.
- The dorms are located at Skyland and Big Meadows Lodge.
- The rent is $25.00 per week.
- A typical dorm houses between 2 and 4 associates. Each person is equipped with towels, washcloths, sheets and blankets. There are laundry facilities on-site.
- Wi-Fi is available in the common areas and meals are available at discounted rates.
- There is a fire pit available in the dorm areas and associates can participate in all of the events and activities available to guests at the Resort.
- Some examples include: Horseback riding, self-guided hiking tours, rock climbing and repelling programs, ranger programs.
- We have approximately 320 associates that work throughout the 105 mile long Skyline Drive and in Luray, VA.
- Working in a National Park is an amazing experience.
- You meet and service guests from all over the world—as well as
- fellow co-workers.
- You will get to experience wildlife like no other place.
- The views of your workplace are some of the most spectacular views around.
- You receive discounts for you and your family to enjoy.
- Delaware North Co operates Parks throughout the USA. Visit our website at www.DelawareNorth.com for more information.
Getting Here and Getting Around
The closest airport is Washington Dulles. The closest bus station is Charlottesville, VA. The closest Amtrak station is in Culpeper, VA.
Transportation Options while in the Park:
- Your own vehicle is permitted in the Park
- Rideshare with friends & co-workers
- Taxi services - Luray VA
- Scheduled trips to the different locations daily
- Your work location is walking distance from the dorm area
Activities around the Park
- Shopping – several town malls and shopping stores in close vicinity: Luray, Harrisonburg, Charlottesville, Front Royal and Winchester.
- Zoo’s in Luray, at the Smithsonian in Washington DC and at The Natural Bridge Zoo
- Theme Parks of all kinds. Massanutten Water park, Kings Dominion, Six Flags and Busch Gardens.
- Zipline tours across the mountain in Luray Va
- Golfing—several courses in Luray, Harrisonburg and Front Royal.
- Canoeing & tubing in Luray and Front Royal
- Caverns in Luray and surrounding cities
- Washington D.C (Our Nations Capital—only 75 miles from the Park)
- Beaches –Virginia Beach is only 183 miles from the Park.
How to Apply
Clicking on the APPLY NOW button below will take you to our current electronic application.
Please have your application/work history and reference information on hand to help you complete the on-line application easily and efficiently. This will expedite the process and allow our office to receive your application immediately.
NOTE: As an alternative to the on-line application, you can click here to see the printable application - a .pdf form that can be typed into, but you will need to print it and submit it - scan and email it to Pam or fax as noted below or submit by postal mail. (NOTE: The .pdf It is easiest to use with Adobe Acrobat XI - this is a free download.)
Delaware North Company - Shenandoah National Park
26 N Broad Street
Luray, VA 22835