DNC -Shenandoah National Park
Summer Jobs in Shenandoah National Park. Apply today - start in May!
The sky’s the limit.
Spring, Summer and Fall…
you belong at Shenandoah National Park!
Just over an hour’s drive from Washington, DC, beautiful Shenandoah National Park overlooks the lush Shenandoah Valley and the Blue Ridge Mountains. Do you love hiking, backpacking, camping, wildflowers and wildlife? Then you belong at Shenandoah National Park.
Along the 105 mile Skyline Drive, which runs through the park from Front Royal, VA to Waynesboro, VA, there are lodges, dining facilities, craft and gift shops, camp stores, gas stations and stables, along with 75 overlooks. We are seeking friendly, hospitable people who can create special experiences for our guests and visitors.
If you are looking for a great summer job, where you will make friends with people from all over the world, while making and saving money, then you belong at Shenandoah National Park.
- Front Desk Clerk
- Laundry Worker
- Pantry Worker
- Cocktail Server
- Night Auditor
- Bar Back
- Linen Truck
- Day and Night Cleaner – Public Areas
- Night Cleaner – Kitchen
- Wrangler (Stables)
- Gas Station Attendant
In addition, we currently have these specialized positions available as well - click on a title to view a complete job description:
Our Ideal Candidate
We start by looking the best we can. We present a professional appearance because a poor appearance immediately detracts from all aspects of our service.
• We are professionally attired (for uniformed positions, only company-issued garments are worn on the job and uniforms are complete.)
• Our clothing (uniforms and business attire) is clean, well maintained, pressed and fits properly.
• Our shoes are clean, polished and in good repair.
• We wear the correct name badge (meeting Delaware North Companies specifications) to enable a personal connection with our guests.
• Our jewelry (if worn) is conservative in style and number.
• We wear no more than two earrings per ear.
• We display no visible body piercing (other than earrings).
• Our hair is neatly groomed and conservatively styled. Hair color/highlights are natural in color.
• Beards or mustaches are neat and trimmed no more than one-inch long. We are clean-shaven, if a beard is not worn.
• We report to work bathed or showered and use an antiperspirant/deodorant. Our fingernails are well groomed. Our perfume and cologne, if worn, are not overbearing.
We display welcoming, positive energy is essential when creating experiences of a lifetime.
• Our posture is friendly, enthusiastic, patient and attentive.
• Our facial expressions are alert and confident.
• Our posture is upright, indicating an eagerness to assist our guests.
• We acknowledge our guests within 10 feet as they approach us or we approach them.
• We smile and maintain friendly eye contact while we are conversing with guests and fellow associates. We respond to each guest as an individual.
• We are prepared to assist guests by carrying the appropriate items for our job positions such as pens, wine openers, etc.
We provide gracious and friendly service depends on courteous and professional language.
• We demonstrate cordial, sincere and welcoming behaviors in interactions with guests and co-workers.
• We use pleasant, refined, well-modulated voice tones when speaking with guests and associates. We use polite professional language and phrases such as “I would be happy to,” “It is my pleasure,” etc., rather than “Sure,” or “OK.” When a guest says “Thank you,” we respond with a sincere, “You are welcome.”
• We do not use profanity, slang or industry jargon while we are talking with guests.
Room and Board
Affordable dormitory style with shared bath. Includes free bed and bath linens and free laundry. Limited amount of housing is available, so apply early. Children and pets are not permitted in employee housing.
We have a special employee meal program that is very reasonably priced.
Getting Here and Getting Around
The closest airport is Washington Dulles. The closest bus station is Charlottesville, VA. The closest Amtrak station is in Culpeper, VA.
How to Apply
Clicking on the APPLY NOW button above will take you to our current electronic application - please have your information on hand to help you complete the application easily. This will expedite the process and allow our office to receive your application immediately.
As an alternative to the on-line application, you can click here to see the printable application - a .pdf form that can be typed into, but you will need to print it and submit it (scan to email to Pam or fax as noted below) or submit by postal mail. (NOTE: It is easiest to use with Adobe Acrobat XI - this is a free download.)
DNC P&R - Shenandoah Nat'l Park
26 N Broad Street
Luray, VA 22835
To submit a resume or reach out to us with a question, click here for our electronic contact form.