Work and play in the Denali area – Denali Jeep tours in the Alaskan wilderness!
Denali Jeep is looking for responsible, professional, outgoing, and passionate employees to work with us this summer! Come join our team and get out and explore with us!
Denali National Park, Alaska
Denali Jeep is a local, family owned and operated tour company located in the Denali National Park area in Alaska and division of the Denali Park Adventures family (who also operates Denali ATV Adventures and Denali Park Zipline). Our tour office and gift shop are in the heart of the Denali Canyon, just outside of the national park entrance. We offer guided Jeep tours from mid-May to mid-September. Preference will be given to applicants that are available for our entire season.
We have four available positions: Jeep Tour Representative, Jeep Tour Office Manager, Jeep Excursion Guide, and Jeep Assistant Tour Manager.
Here at Denali Jeep, we take Great Pride in our Employees! We are looking for people who are:
- Customer Service Oriented – We are nothing without our guests! The needs of our guests and their tour experience are the Top Priority!
- Team Player - Our group of employees is more like a family. For 4-5 months, we work, eat, sleep, and have fun together in very close quarters. You must be able to consistently get along with your co-workers.
- Positive Attitude - Always polite and courteous with guests and co-workers.
- Outgoing - You will be around guests all day, every day.
- Professional - Clean lifestyle and neat appearance!
- Safety First Mentality - The most important part of each of our tours is that every guest comes back safely, every time! You are responsible for our guests’ safety, and good judgment is key.
- Strong Attendance and Work Ethic - We have a short and very busy summer season. All employees must report to work on time, every time. There will be days that you are asked to work more than your scheduled shift.
- Honest and Trustworthy - Our Employees are the face of our company. We must be able to trust them, and they must be able to trust each other. We need honest employees in our office, guiding Jeep tours, working on our equipment, and managing our staff.
Fit all these qualities? We might already have a spot for you on our team!
Room and Board
Denali Jeep guides and managers can reside in the 2 story log cabin at the Jeep tour launch site. Denali Jeep has a 3 bedroom cabin with a full kitchen, common area with TV, free internet and laundry. The cabin is situated on a large area with plenty of room for horseshoes, fire pit and general outside enjoyment! Housing rates for start at $80 per week.
Denali Jeep tour representatives can live on our Denali Park Adventures joint housing site in Healy with the office staff of our other adventure tour companies – Denali ATV Adventures and Denali Park Zipline. On our 1.2 acre property situated beside Otto Lake in Healy, Alaska we have a dormitory-style 15-bedroom building. All but 1 room are single occupancy. The building has 4 bathrooms and free laundry facilities. There is a large kitchen just off the deck of the main housing, filled with plenty of appliances, counter space, and food storage, as well as a common area with couches, VCR/DVD, and DirectTV. There is free wireless internet throughout the property, a large covered deck, outdoor horseshoe pits, fire pit, BBQ, and more. Rates for our employee housing start at $80 per week and includes all utilities.
Employees who complete the entire season and fulfill their contract are eligible for an end-of-season bonus. Also, you will receive priority when we hire for following summers, first pick at your housing, and other benefits.
Also, you will receive complimentary or discounted tours with many of the other local Denali area activities - whitewater rafting on the Nenana River, ziplining over the boreal forest, ATVing in the Alaska wilderness, meet the puppies and Iditarod Champion sled dogs at the local kennel, flight seeing tours and glacier landings around Denali, helicopter tours with glacier landings, bus trips into the national park, fly fishing, etc.
Getting Here and Getting Around
It is your responsibility to get here, as Denali Jeep does not pay for transportation to and from the Denali area, but we will help you plan your transportation as much as possible. Our employees do receive a substantial discount on the Alaska Railroad and Motorcoach buses to our area. We can arrange to pick you up at the local train station or bus drop-off. The easiest and most economic option is to fly into Anchorage and take either the train or shuttle bus up from there.
If you get bored up here in Alaska, it's your problem! Denali Jeep is within a short distance of a lot of activities. If you are into photography, this is a dream location! This is all without considering the 6.2 million acres of national park at your fingertips, and all of the tourist activities available to you throughout the summer. Most people expect to have a quiet summer when venturing to Denali for their first time, and it turns out to be the opposite and the time goes by too fast. While you’re here get out and experience what Denali and Alaska has to offer and see why tourists pay thousands of dollars to visit!
We have four available positions:
- Jeep Tour Representative – Provide guests with the first impression of Denali Jeep whether it is in person at the Tour Office, over the phone, or through an email. They don't just naturally excel at interacting with people, they love meeting and chatting with folks from all over the world! Tour Representatives are responsible for taking online and over-the-phone bookings, answering customer inquiries, and maintaining tour schedules using an online reservation system. They greet customers, check individuals and groups in, assist with retail sales, and prepare individuals and groups for their tour. Central to the role is networking with a variety of agents, from large cruise ships to small travel agencies, and coordinating guest itineraries with other adventure companies in Denali. This position is great for people who love challenges, thrive in fast-paced environments, and enjoy engaging with people. Hourly plus commission on sales.
Jeep Tour Office Manager - At Denali Jeep, great teams start with great leadership. The Tour Office Manager is responsible for encouraging and supporting the Tour Representatives towards creating a focused, friendly, task-oriented, customer service driven team. Major components of the Tour Office Manager position include direct correspondence with Travel Agents and Cruise ships to arrange the sale and scheduling of tours, oversight of finances, understanding and organization of company logistics, and involvement in management meetings. The Tour Office Manager is able to be a respectful and supportive leader, delegate tasks, structure the tour schedule with respect to whole company needs, remain calm and resolute during crisis, be responsible for the direction and team efforts of the Tour Representatives.
- Jeep Excursion Guide - Several duties including Jeep tour guiding, Jeep maintenance and cleaning, and bus/van driving. Guides will be required to have or get a CDL with Passenger Endorsement. We will provide a bus and opportunity to get your endorsement if necessary. Hourly plus tips.
- Jeep Assistant Tour Manager - Responsible for assisting the General Manager with most day-to-day operations of Denali Jeep. This includes managing guides, tour operations, Jeep tour guiding, ordering/inventory, maintenance work on equipment, safety protocols, van/bus driving. Managers will be required to have or get a CDL with Passenger Endorsement. We will provide a bus and opportunity to get your endorsement if necessary. Hourly plus tips.