Deer Valley Ranch
The Summer of a Lifetime
Deer Valley Ranch is located in south central Colorado between two 14,000’ peaks. Since 1954, Deer Valley’s goal has been the same: to offer guests a memory-making family vacation in a Christian atmosphere.
Our staff is one of the key factors in ensuring that our guests have a quality vacation. We expect our staff to be friendly and outgoing, have a respectful attitude toward authority, nurture healthy relationships with co-workers and willingly share any talents or gifts e.g., music, acting, writing, art.
Because running a ranch requires a lot of hard work, we also look for young people willing to work hard. Days can be long and flexibility is a desirable trait. All of us do our best to let our work reflect our faith…by our words and actions but mostly, with a servant’s attitude. Families return summer after summer to Deer Valley because they want their children to emulate the quality young people they observe at the ranch – young people leading them on horseback rides, serving their meals, cleaning their cabins and guiding their hikes.
So, what are the perks to all this?
- Working AND playing hard in a beautiful mountain setting
- Meeting wonderful families and individuals from all over the country
- Coming to see your fellow staff as family
- Serving God by serving others
- Making lifetime friendships
Many of our past staff members have stated that their summer at Deer Valley Ranch was an experience of a lifetime. We are looking for quality young people to be part of the Deer Valley experience this summer.
Lodging/Housekeeping, Food and Beverage, Maintenance, Horse Operations, Children's Program, Teen Program, and Office Assistant
The ideal candidate for a Deer Valley Ranch staff member is a young person who is flexible, willing to work hard, fun-loving, respects authority, loves people, wants to share their talents, has a servant attitude, and loves the Lord!
Room and Board
Most staff housing is bunk house style with shared bathrooms. Everyone will have roommates. Towels, bed linens and pillows are provided. Staff get to eat the same wonderful meals as our guests. Laundry facilities are available for the staff during non-Ranch use hours.
- A weekly base salary
- Guaranteed daily tips
- Room and Board
- Equitable share of total summer tips based on number of days worked
- Enjoyment of ranch amenities and activities
Getting Here and Getting Around
- Hired staff are welcome to drive their own vehicle.
- There is a commercial shuttle service that goes from the Denver airport to Copper Mountain, about one hour north of the ranch, where we will pick up staff. We typically determine days to pick up more than one staff person at a time.
- There is a bus that operates from Denver to Buena Vista, just 15 minutes away. It runs just once a day but is very affordable.
- After the majority of our staff is hired, sometimes carpool options become available for individuals to ride out with another staff person from the same general area.
There are many fun adventures for staff both on and off the ranch. Right from the ranch, there is whitewater rafting (staff get a discount!), horseback riding (no charge!), hiking, fishing, swimming and mountain climbing. Off the ranch activities include rock climbing, 4WD-ing and mountain biking as well as road trips to fun spots such as Aspen, the Royal Gorge, Breckenridge, the Great Sand Dunes and Black Canyon of the Gunnison. Fifteen of Colorado's 54 highest peaks, those taller than 14,000 feet - aka Fourteeners - reside here in south central Colorado.
How to Apply
Learn more about working at Deer Valley Ranch by visiting our website.
To apply, we prefer that you print the application, complete it along with the requested attachments (listed on the application) and send it to us by mail. If you send your application by email, please be sure and included the requested attachments.