Crested Butte Mountain Resort - Summer Jobs in Colorado
Summer time in Crested Butte!
Crested Butte is located in the Gunnison Valley of scenic Southwestern Colorado - the heart of the rugged Rocky Mountains where PURE fun and SIMPLE life abound!
Our friendly 1880’s Western and Victorian mountain towns are off the beaten path. We like that and so will you, if you are looking for something unpretentious, authentic and a stark contrast from the ordinary. You'll be happy you joined us in Crested Butte!
Crested Butte is best known for its historic town, nightlife, amazing restaurants, parades and welcoming locals. When people think of Crested Butte words like: authentic, exciting, genuine, unpretentious, and fun come to mind over and over. Bustling with action, but laid back in attitude, Crested Butte is the perfect place to disconnect and reconnect with friends and family.
- Front Desk
- Hotel Operations
- Mountain Operations
- Food and Beverage
We're looking for guest-focused employees who share our passions and want to work as a team, both in the resort and the community. At Crested Butte Mountain Resort, we work together to inspire a passion for adventure in our guests. We rely on each and every employee to make genuine, fulfilling connections with our guests by sharing our mountain lifestyle.
All employees are expected to be groomed and dressed in and neat and clean manner appropriate to their job. The following are some general guidelines; certain departments may have additional policies, or more restrictive policies than stated below. Feel free to visit our “Stuff to Know” page on our website for more information.
- Small nose studs may be acceptable in some departments, but no other piercings should be visible.
- Tattoos should not be visible to our guests.
- Extreme hairstyles are not acceptable, including but not limited to: mohawks, dreadlocks and unnaturally dyed hair.
CBMR has many functions – In the summer, we operate a lift to access biking trails that our talented trail and bike crews maintain. We run restaurants - both on-mountain and in our hotels, fine dining, casual dining, and specialty banquets. Additionally, we operate three full-service hotels and a property management business. Then, we have all of the behind-the-scenes functions of administration, vehicle maintenance, lift maintenance, property maintenance, housekeeping and laundry, to name a few. When applying for jobs, consider some of the following so that we end up with the best fit for both you and CBMR:
- Do you enjoy being outside or inside?
- Do you enjoy interacting with people, or prefer to work alone?
- Do you want to work days? Nights? Swing shift? Full-time or part-time?
- Do you have specific skills or talents you hope to use?
If you believe you are the ideal candidate for CBMR, visit our website for more information.
Room and Board
Many housing options are available in Mt. Crested Butte, Crested Butte, Crested Butte South, and Gunnison. The local newspaper classifieds (Crested Butte News and Gunnison Country Shopper) are a great place to start and there are also several long-term rental companies in the Gunnison Valley.
- Summer Lift Pass
- 30% off CBMR culinary outlets
- 20% off at CBMR retail outlets
- 401k retirement savings plan (must have worked 1,000 hours within the year).
Getting Here and Getting Around
The Gunnison Valley is one of the most beautiful, unspoiled rural areas in Colorado. However, that also means that it is a bit out of the way. We think the trade-off is worth it, but make sure you are prepared to get here.
Distance from major centers:
- 30 miles/48 km North of Gunnison
- 230 miles/368 km southwest of Denver
- 90 miles/ 114 km northeast of Montrose
- 197 miles/315 km West of Colorado Springs
- Gunnison/Crested Butt Airport (GUC) (31 miles)
- Montrose Airport (MTJ) (96 miles)
- Denver International Airport (250 miles- bus service available from Gunnison to Denver once a day)
Getting Around Once Here:
- A free bus service is available throughout the valley!
- The Mountain Express also offers a free shuttle between the Mountain and the town of Crested Butte.
Crested Butte and the Gunnison Valley are home to exciting events, intense skiing and boarding, challenging biking, and raging river rapids. Summer time brings the Wildflower Rush and Pinnacle Bike Races, as well as kayaking competitions. Our legendary steeps and awesome flats make outdoor adventures possible all year!
Summer activities include:
- Horseback Riding
- River Rafting
- Rock Climbing
- Swimming at local watering holes
- Dirt Biking
- Wildflower Viewing