Crater Lake Lodge - Xanterra
Guest services on the shore of world famous Crater Lake
This Summer ... you can do the same old thing, or you can come live and work at CRATER LAKE National Park - the deepest lake in the United States and the 9th deepest lake in the world!
Work at one of the wonders of the world, Crater Lake National Park. Created by the volcanic explosion of Mt. Mazama over 7,000 years ago, Crater Lake National Park was established in 1902. Xanterra operates a historic lodge, cabins, campground, camper store, two restaurants, a café, two retail shops, and boat tours on Crater Lake. Our jobs and housing are located at the Rim, or 5,000 ft. down the mountain at Mazama Village.
Xanterra is the largest National Park concessionaire and at Crater Lake we operate all guest services. Saving money is easy and outdoor adventure is at your doorstep. We hire over 200 people from all over the world, creating a very diverse workforce. Many of our team members return year after year.
International Students: We work with CIEE. Learn more at www.ciee.org.
- Cooks (All Levels)
- Guest Room Attendant
Room and Board
- Dorm housing costs $8.50 per day and includes free Wi-Fi. Dorm employees typically share a room with 2-3 roommates and have their own single bed and wardrobe closet. Community bathrooms, showers, free laundry facilities, shared computers, exercise and recreation rooms are available. Couples housing is very limited and cannot be guaranteed (both must be Xanterra employees).
- Xanterra offers 3 different sites for employees to park their own RV at $35.00 per week. RV sites may/may not have internet access depending on location.
- All costs are paid through payroll deduction.
- Employees receive a 50% housing refund upon completion of their seasonal agreement!
- Employees are offered meals through our Employee Dining Room (EDR).
- Three meals are provided every day for a nominal fee.
- Our menu offers a wide variety of hot entrees, salad bar, beverages and fresh fruit. Meals eaten are paid for through a payroll deduction.
- Because the EDR serves so many people a day, it is difficult to accommodate restricted or vegetarian diets.
- Each dorm has a shared kitchen where employees can cook and store their own food. Employees need to provide their own cooking/eating utensils.
Crater Lake contains more than 90 miles of hiking trails. Many may be hiked in a single day. Great friends, amazing adventure, and the 2nd highest minimum wage in the country! Crater Lake is surrounded by waterfalls, hot springs, fishing, and even has the Pacific Crest Trail running through it.
Getting Here and Getting Around
We only pick up employees on arrival day in Medford, Oregon at the Rogue Valley International Airport and/or Medford Greyhound station. Xanterra offers an employee shuttle every day from 6:30am-11:30pm that runs between the Rim and Mazama Village.
Living at Crater Lake gives you free access to some of the best hiking, biking, camping, photography, wildlife viewing, bird watching in the world! While the average visitor only has a few hours or days to spend in a national park, you have several months. Take full advantage of this amazing opportunity! We also offer an employee recreational program with trips to various surrounding areas, parties, sports activities, and special events.