Coastal Odyssey - Sea Kayak Internships and Guide Jobs in Norway!
An opportunity to experience Norwegian culture and paddle Norway’s majestic coastline!
Coastal Odyssey (kayak more tomorrow) is now accepting applications for its 2015 summer season in Norway. Coastal Odyssey is a Global Leader in the World of Sea kayaking; as such takes a leading role in all aspects of sea kayaking from: trip design, customer service, instruction, guide training, equipment, safety and product innovation. Being a leader of the sea kayaking industry, places an extremely high burden on our guides. Guide performance on trips and at our sea kayak centre is the measure our clients use to evaluate our performance. It is therefore very important to Coastal Odyssey that our guides are the best in the industry.
2015 marks our 17th season as Europe’s leading Sea Kayaking Company.
Coastal Odyssey is seeking individuals that possess the following qualities:
- have a positive outlook and attitude
- a self-starter with the ability to see and do
- are highly motivated to acquire new skills and abilities
- be able to work independently; also be able to work as a member of a team - enjoy working hard in the outdoor industry of sea kayaking
We are seeking individuals to fill openings in all of our three guide levels.
For more information on all our guiding opportunities please visit www.coastalodyssey.com.
Coastal Odyssey (kayak more tomorrow) is seeking individuals to fill four different positions for its 2015 season.
We receive many more applications than we have positions to fill. It is to your advantage to submit your applications as soon as possible.
We are seeking guides to fill openings in both our kayak more tomorrow locations: (for more information on all our guiding opportunities please visit www.coastalodyssey.com). Click the titles to view the full job descriptions.
A kayak more tomorrow centre manager will be responsible for the day to day operations of the kmt sea kayak centre.
A lead paddler is a leadership role. In which our lead paddlers have both the guiding experience and education to provide top-notch customer service while creating unforgettable paddling trips for our guests. A lead paddler is an expert sea kayaker.
A kayak more tomorrow paddler is a sea kayak guide that has entry level guiding experience; is looking to expand on their experience and acquire the knowledge necessary to be an accomplished sea kayak guide. A kayak more tomorrow paddler will work with experienced lead paddlers where they will gain experience and develop their skills under the direction of some of the industry’s highest qualified and experienced sea kayak guides.
We offer paddler internships as part of our instruction/course programming. A guide course paddler internship is not a position of employment but a program designed to provide guide education and practical guiding experience. Begin your guiding career with kayak more tomorrow. For further information for a guide course paddler check our courses & instruction section.
Our Ideal Candidate...: Can answer YES to the following questions.
1. Have you taken an advanced sea kayak course, or a guide course?
2. Have you done some work as a guide but not enough to be a head guide?
3. Do you have a passion for the outdoors?
4. Are you a creative and effective problem solver with great people skills?
5. Are you service minded with solid organizational skills?
6. Are you a good communicator with captivating interpretation techniques? Can you communicate in more than one language?
7. Are you a self-starter and motivated individual?
8. Are you charismatic and concerned with making others feel good?
9. Are you a strong team player; able to work well with others, both superiors and subordinates?
10. Do you have strong ethics and integrity?
Room and Board
Accommodation is provided in shared apartments.
Assistance in obtaining a Norwegian work visa.
Getting Here and Getting Around
Fly to Oslo, Norway - bus to Geiranger, or fly to Ålesund, Norway.
How to Apply
If you are interested in spending a summer guiding on Norway’s majestic coast; then you should send us your resume and two professional letters of references. As we may contact the supervisors directly, please include the reference’s name, phone number and e-mail address.
Please note: Coastal Odyssey receives many more applications each year than we have positions to fill. It is to your advantage to submit your application as soon as possible.
Application Deadline for our 2015 season is the following:
February 1st for kmt centre manager
March 1st for kmt lead paddlers & paddlers
April 1st kmt guide course paddlers
For more information please contact kayak more tomorrow at: Tel: +47 95 11 80 62 or E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org