Live and Play at Club Getaway!
Club Getaway is a unique Sports & Adventure Resort, located in the Berkshire Mountains of Kent, Connecticut just two hours from New York City, and three hours from Boston.
Weekends at Club Getaway host young professionals in search of weekend sports, fun, and adventure in the great outdoors. Midweek programs host groups of children from schools in May, June, September, and October. In July and August we are the #1 destination for day camp overnight trips, park and recreation programs, and teen tours. Add in some weekend weddings, family getaways, girl scouts, and corporate events and you have one of the most exciting experiences in recreation.
Our team is from 20 countries and around the world. At the height of our season more than 120 staff are employed in various departments such as food & beverage, culinary, cabin services, maintenance, landscaping, and activities. All of our staff live and play on the resort facilities. Employment compensation includes lodging & full meal service, and the opportunity to enjoy all that Club Getaway has to offer. Living and working in our community environment, staff develop friendships that can last a summer or a life time.
Assistant Recreation/Camp Directors
Food and Beverage Staff
Dining Room Manager
Assistant Dining Room Manager
Assistant Housekeeping Manager
Dish Room Staff
Facility / Operation Director
Handyman- General Maintenance
Landscaping / Lawn Care
Our Ideal Candidate
- Previous work experience in the position for which you are applying
- Outgoing personality and customer service driven
- Sense of responsibility and dedication to being the best in your field
- Willingness to work as a team and learn new skills
- Resident of the U.S. or possesses a work visa
- Available to start at the beginning of May
Room and Board
Our staff is housed separately from campers and may range from four to eight per staff cabin. There are no bunk responsibilities.
Managers have single, double or triple housing accommodations. There are separate cabins for men and women and pets are not allowed.
All of our housing has indoor plumbing and electricity. Linen service is provided, but staff are required to provide their own towels.
Food service is provided to all staff three meals a day, seven days a week. Snacks are also available. All staff meals are served buffet style.
- Club Getaway is conveniently located just one mile outside of Kent, CT in walking distance for shopping, laundry and leisure time.
- We offer an opportunity for the staff to experience waterskiing, the flying trapeze, Mountain Biking, rock climbing, and various other adventure activities.
- For fun, in your free time, you can hang out in the staff lounge equipped with internet access, television, pool tables, cards, and snack machines or take a camp bike into town.
- Club Getaway also provides transportation twice a day to and from the Harlem Valley Wingdale station. The train has direct service to NYC.
- Major shopping trips are planned for almost every Sunday. Transportation is provided by the club.
Getting Here and Getting Around
You will find driving directions from Boston, New Jersey, and various locations in New York on our website.
Club Getawayoffers train pick-ups at 8:30 am or 8:30 pm from Harlem Valley Wingdale.
Please call to arrange a pick up before boarding the train in Grand Central Station.
Phone: 860 927 3664
We're less than a mile from town, and staff bikes are available.
Our beautiful 300 acre property is nestled in the Berkshire Mountains of New England, less than two hours from New York and three hours from Boston. The local, New England town of Kent, is just one mile from the club and is filled with craft shops, restaurants, and pubs. Kent is a center for outdoor adventure with its mountains, state parks, famous waterfall and it's along the Appalachian Trail and Housatonic River. Nearby are shopping malls, movie theaters, bowling alley, and more. On days off staff frequently take the train to New York City for a day of exploration.
Each staff member is entitled to one day off per week and there is time off during a working day. On evenings off staff may use the internet without charge, watch television, play pool or relax in the staff lounge.