Confidence, Competence & Community!
Camp Wicosuta's philosophy is based on providing the "3 C's": Confidence, Competence & Community.
On Newfound Lake in Hebron, New Hampshire. Surrounded by the White Mountains. 45 minutes from Hanover about 2 hours from Boston.
A traditional four-week sleepaway camp for girls in New Hampshire that offers two sessions.
Our goal is for every camper to walk away feeling confident in herself, and competent in her abilities in any number of areas. We teach these skills in a physically and emotionally safe community in which our campers are challenged to move past their self-set limits.
Our counselors are the main reason campers return to Wicosuta each summer and their energy, enthusiasm, support, and teamwork creates an atmosphere in which our campers learn, grow, and achieve.Season Dates:
June 7 - August 17
Head Counselors and Activity Heads
June 11 - August 17
Pool, Waterfront, Horseback, Extreme Staff (ropes course, hiking, overnights) for additional training
June 16 - August 17
Landsports, Dance & Fitness, Arts & Crafts, Camp Moms, Theater, Cooking, Gymnastics &Tennis
Our staff are:
High energy team players with an enthusiasm for education, a passion for learning, and want to make a difference in the life of a child.
Though each counselor is hired for his or her experience working with children and expertise in a specialty area, all Wicosuta counselors are part of one team that works and plays together.
Room and Board
All staff members are provided with free room and board while working at Wico.
Most of our staff live in a cabin with kids. We do have some non-bunk staff including our leadership & male staff.
Wicosuta offers a variety of opportunities for staff to enjoy themselves on their down time!
- Opportunities for transportation to and from town
- Staff lounge with television, wifi and lockers and phones
- Hot food and drinks available at night in the staff lounge
- Staff recreation like zumba, tennis lessons, baking and fitness classes
- Being surrounded by 90 acres of wilderness to explore
"I never thought I'd have as much fun as I did at camp. I was expecting a job and I found so much more. My campers mean so much to me and I'll never forget all the friends I made. Thank you so much for the opportunity to work at Wico!" -Female Arts & Crafts Counselor
Getting Here and Getting Around
We provide transportation to and from camp from Boston Logan International Airport (BOS) and Manchester Regional Airport (MHT).
Explore cities, college towns or the outdoors on your time off! Some of the nearby, popular day off destinations include:
- Boston, MA
- Plymouth, NH
- Hanover, NH
- Burlington, VT
- Female Activity/Cabin Counselors - As a Wico camp counselor you have a dual role: You live in a cabin with 6-12 campers and teach/coach in your activity area of expertise
- Head Counselors - Directly supervises Camp Counselors in cabin life. HC’s are trainers, supervisors, motivators, self-starters, mediators, listeners and collaborators. Must be over 21.
- Activity Heads - Directly supervises Camp Counselors teaching and coaching. AH have a high level of expertise in their area including experience supervising. Must be over 21.
- Nursing Staff - We have a team of 6 made up of a Head Nurse, Med Nurse, Two general nurses, Student Nurse & Health Center Administrator.
Activity Areas at Wicosuta:
- Athletics: Archery, Basketball, Field Hockey, Fitness (Aerobics, Yoga, Pilates), Golf, Gymnastics, Horseback Riding, Ice Skating, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Volleyball
- Waterfront: Canoeing, Boat Driving, Kayaking, Life Guarding, Sailing, Wakeboarding, Windsurfing, Waterskiing, Paddle Boarding
- Pool: WSIs, Lifeguards, Swim Instruction, Water Aerobics, Junior Lifeguarding, Competitive Swimming
- Creative Arts: Arts & Crafts, Beading, Ceramics, Cooking, Dance (Ballet, Hip Hop, Jazz, Modern), Drama (Acting, Performance, Stagecraft, Theater), Drawing, Painting, Photography, Pottery, Sewing, Stained Glass
- Outdoor Specialist: Camping, Climbing Wall, High/Low Ropes Elements, Hiking, Initiative Games, Nature, Orienteering, Tripping
How to Apply
Please complete our staff application.