Alta's Rustler Lodge
Alta's Rustler Lodge
Alta's Rustler Lodge is located in the town of Alta, Utah. It is at the base of the Alta Ski Resort, which boasts of 500 inches of "the greatest snow on Earth" annually. Alta is a small town in the Wasatch Mountains resting at 8600 ft above sea level with surrounding peaks of 11,000 ft! Alta is one mile from the Snowbird ski resort and within 90 minutes of Park City and 5 other local ski areas.
Alta’s Rustler Lodge has 85 guest rooms, and is the premiere lodge in Alta. The Rustler prides itself on “service above all”. The Rustler has the finest cuisine in Little Cottonwood Canyon. Alta’s Rustler Lodge is on the modified American food plan, which includes breakfast and dinner in the room rates. Lunch is also served at an additional cost. The lodge caters to our “in house“ guests, providing a range of services from children’s programs, apres ski activities to special dietary requests. Most guests feel as if they are returning home when they arrive at the lodge.
Much effort is put into maintaining this feeling and the management team that has been with Alta’s Rustler Lodge for over 25 years makes it possible!
- Assist guests with luggage. Drive shuttles, valid license and clean driving record required. Snow shoveling and various other lodge chores. Off site housing available, 4x4 transportation required.
- Maintains cleanliness of dining room, service area and employee dining area. Assists servers and dining room manager in clearing dining room in timely and correct manner.
- Performs cleaning of all lodge dishes, glassware, silverware, pots, pans along with cleaning of kitchen areas, equipment, and utensils. May assist all cooks and chef as needed with prep work.
- Line Cook
- Works on the line to produce quality hot food for guests and employees. Follows set recipes. Assists in prep and cleaning when needed.
- Prep Cook
- Assists chef/sous chef/cooks in preparing food items for specific menu items. Prepare salads, sandwiches and some breakfast items for guests. Also assists with cleanup when necessary.
- Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner to our lodge guests in a formal dining room. Breakfast is buffet style, lunch ala carte and 4 course dinner Experience preferred Wine service skills needed Off site housing only 4 X 4 vehicle needed
Our ideal candidate is hard working, self-motivated, customer service orientated and has a passion for the outdoors and skiing! Alta is a small town and skiing is what is going on. What we lack in nightlife, shopping, etc. is well made up for in our snowfall! Most employees live on site so the ability to get along with and respect others is imperative. There is a community center that holds events, and Salt Lake City is only a bus ride away depending on the weather.
Room and Board
Room and board is available for limited positions at $300/month. Dinner is prepared nightly for employees and there is 24 hour access to food in our employee dining area. Full time employees not living in the lodge receive full time food privileges.
Employee Perks include an Alta or Snowbird season pass. Please note that Alta does not allow snowboarding. A deposit is required for the pass and monthly deductions apply. All are fully refunded upon completion of contract with Alta's Rustler Lodge.Other perks include the use of all lodge amenities: outdoor pool, indoor/outdoor jacuzzis, exercise room & sauna. 24/7 access to food, a shared ski locker, and the chance to be a part of a great team!!
Getting Here and Getting Around
Transportation from airport to lodge provided upon arrival.
Your ski pass access the UTA ski bus which goes to Salt Lake City and surrounding areas.
Alta's rustler Lodge is ski in/ski out.
Skiing is FUN!
Alta has a community center that hosts a variety of events for us in the winter. Your ski pass works on the UTA which can get you to Snowbird which is one mile down the road and into Salt Lake City for free.
Lifelong friendships are made over our short ski season. Come and have the best winter of your life at Alta's Rustler Lodge!
How to Apply
Follow the links below to our online application and to learn more. Please consider while applying that full employment history details and references are important.