Sockeye Cycle Co.
Alaska Biking at Its Peak !
Our summer office is the White Pass on the Klondike Hwy. Beautiful scenery and fun riding down into Skagway await you!
- A desire to be on a bike (in any weather) and to learn and communicate information about our area to small groups of guests.
- Must be a US citizen or have a green card or work visa for the USA.
- Must be able to drive our tour vans. This requires you to be 23 years of age and pass a medical DOT physical. You must also have a clean driving record and provide a DMV report covering the past three years, and be willing to obtain an Alaska drivers license.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification is required.
- All employees will sign a contract when hired and agree to work for the term of the contract (usually 3-5 months).
Room and Board
We have company housing in Skagway available for our employees at inexpensive, subsidized rates. The rooms are located above our Skagway bike shop. There is a communal kitchen and living area for residents. A room or house to rent in Skagway or Haines can sometimes be found before the season starts. Camping in a tent or the back of your truck is an option in both communities either at a campground or free range.
We offer a thorough 40 hour paid training session at the beginning of each season. We offer competitive pay (that includes some tips), subsidized housing, reliable work, and some staff trips to bike races and music festivals in the area. We also offer a performance based, end of season bonus.
Getting Here and Getting Around
Recreational opportunities abound! You can walk out of our shop/house door and be at a number of trails in minutes. Cycling, running, climbing, skiing, boarding, fishing, hiking, kayaking, and more are easily available nearby. We spot eagles, bears, mountain goats, waterfalls, and glaciers on tour. Haines and Skagway are great communities for outdoor oriented individuals and draws a fun mix of familiar faces and new workers up for the summers.
How to Apply
Click to read details about our company and the opportunities we provide.
Based on your qualifications and when we receive your application, we will conduct phone interviews, check references and hire as needed. The bulk of our hiring takes place January through April, though we consider qualified applications at all times.